IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mozilla firefox hijacked by Fantastigames search
BretW
post 14.09.2012 23:03
Post #1

Group: Members

How do I uninstall and clean all fantastigames from my system? It self installed under programs (uninstalled), made my home page fantastigames (changed back but it came back), converted my right search into a fastigames search (converted back to google and deleted fantastigames), and it still defaults to fantastigames when I just type the search in the web address space. How did I get this in the first place (e.g., why didn't Kaspersky block it?)? How do I kill it now and keep it killed? Very old virus and zero information on kaspersky website.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 15.09.2012 03:35
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Settings > Advanced settings (cardboard box icon) > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok, and do a scan.
After that, please uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot, and uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons, then remove any and all junk search providers in your
browsers, then if need be, change your home page.

If still no go, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
apefist
post 23.09.2012 00:19
Post #3

Would this be the same process for removing incredibar? Kasperky doesn't recognize it all. I had to download and run Spybot (which angered me that the product I paid for didn't catch it but a freeware product caught it and deleted at least part of it). Spybot recognized and removed part of this incredibar hijacker thing, but not enough to keep it from coming back. SO then I manually went into my registry, and found 12 instances of the damned thing, deleted the registry keys, and it relinquished control of my startup home page, but not the new tabs page,

So, Kaspersy didn't even recognize it and has no "awareness" of its existence, and
a freeware product recognized it, removed part of it, but it still comes back, albeit not as badly.

It used to hijack my home page no matter what browser I use and always the startup. page. But now the startup home page is back to normal but whenever I open a new tab, it goes to

mystart.incredibar.com/mb139?a=6PQKcd1ZHM&loc=FF_NT

Which isn't even a working page, so I get an error page. But no matter what I do, it won't let go of my new tabs page. This is infuriatingly frustrating to say the least. Please tell me Kaspersky is at least aware of Incredibar because it's all over the web.

I had previously removed any toolbars that were installed (apparently they were installed with a divx codec). And had reset my homepage, but like I said, it hijacks the new tabs function now.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...74b49fad7d60f5d

This post has been edited by apefist: 23.09.2012 00:36

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 23.09.2012 01:59
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Welcome. Did you: "Settings > Advanced settings (cardboard box icon) > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok, and do a scan." ?

Did you: "please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs." ?

We need the other log.

Incredibar is legal junk that comes bundled with other legal junk that people like to download. The trick is to see the first Important topic of the Virus section of this forum and post both logs, before you start digging in the places where the leftovers are not at.

Settings > Advanced settings (cardboard box icon) > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok, and do a scan.
After that, please uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot, and uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons, then remove any and all junk search providers in your
browsers, then if need be, change your home page.

If still no go, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
apefist
post 23.09.2012 05:10
Post #5

Well, no, I didn't get that far into the forum before making my first post. I did read the ones I believed your sig said to read however. I just didn't know this was an interactive process. I thought you just loaded it and it protected your system. But I will try that now I know.

+Quote Post
apefist
post 23.09.2012 05:24
Post #6

I must have a different version of Pure than you do. Mine is 9.1.0.124. But you go into settings and there's no advance settings, so that could be what the problem is, innit? I read other posts and there seems to be issues with upgrading to 2.0 (isn't it rather unstable that the upgrade is a lower number than the old version by 7 integers?). Whether the upgrade is free, or whether it messes up your system, even with your well worded procedure at the top.

So, am I able to rid myself of incredibar in the version of Pure that I do own now? And if so, how do I do it?

I do appreciate your help.

++++++++++++++++++++

But I followed all 4 steps for submitting the log using Get system info and posted the link. I thought you didn't want the zip file? How does one even know if they have R2, will it say version R2, I have version 9. Is this the correct forum even? Now, I'm not sure.

This post has been edited by apefist: 23.09.2012 05:30

+Quote Post
apefist
post 23.09.2012 05:36
Post #7

No, I didn't read that forum. I jumped straight to the forum for the software I am using, and thought the Important topics you referred to were the ones atop this subforum. Now I know that I was supposed to make a new post. In other forums they don't want you to make a new post for everything, so I apologize for that. Should I make a new post for this at this point or do we just continue on here? Sorry for the mix up, but as I said before, I don't have advance settings or a cardboard box icon.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 23.09.2012 06:06
Post #8

Are You Kidding?

You can stay in this topic thread. I see we have no avz log yet, as that Important topic does boldly request. Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

Memo: Clean install the New PURE after Incredibar leftovers are properly removed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.11.2014 01:01