Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Babylon, Babylon browser grrr
mr chilled
post 9.09.2012 03:31
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

This has taken over all my browsers internet explorer and firefox and chrome.
I could not get rid from IE and Chrome via removal from the browser itself ... (Even after going online and reading removal guides,i guess it has evolved)
So i deleted via regedit and IE and Chrome are now ok.When i open firefox now and open file .. new tab ... its there !!
Why doesnt KIS pick this crap up and how do i get rid of it once and for all ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 9.09.2012 03:44
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Because it is not a virus, not a trojan; and because users install it when it comes bundled with junk that users download and install.

Settings > Advanced settings (cardboard box icon) > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok, and do a scan.
After that, please uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot, and uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons, then remove any and all junk search providers in your
browsers, then if need be, change your home page.

If still no go, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
mr chilled
post 9.09.2012 03:59
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 8.09.2012 23:44) *
Because it is not a virus, not a trojan; and because users install it when it comes bundled with junk that users download and install.

Settings > Advanced settings (cardboard box icon) > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok, and do a scan.
After that, please uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot, and uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons, then remove any and all junk search providers in your
browsers, then if need be, change your home page.

If still no go, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Thank you for the quick reply richbuff,i will do a scan when i go to bed tonight ... does changing the homepage stop babylon from doing anything like stealing data,logins ect ? ... Once again thank you for your quick reply

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 9.09.2012 04:11
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

You're welcome. No. If still no go after following my instructions, please post the two logs. We shall then take it from there, as need be.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
mr chilled
post 9.09.2012 04:59
Post #5

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 9.09.2012 00:11) *
You're welcome. No. If still no go after following my instructions, please post the two logs. We shall then take it from there, as need be.

Thank you richbuff .. it is good to be reassured .. i will do a full scan as i said tonight,funny thing is when i did a regedit .. the first string of deletes was probably about 20 ... when i just did again (regedit) it was just babylon toolbar .. then finished so i rebooted ... I think,and thanks to my son,i was getting a bit frustrated,but when > file>new tab in firefox he changed the home page everything sees ok now.Could this have been a legacy ? .. Everything seems ok now but i will do a full scan before i go to bed.
Once again thank you for your quick response.

+Quote Post
Babylon LTD
post 10.09.2012 18:25
Post #6

Hello mr chilled,

i am sorry to hear you have encountered a problem with Babylon,

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience.

Go to Control Panel, click Programs (software).

Uninstall "Browser Manager" + "Bprotector" + "Object Installer" + "Babylon Toolbar on IE"

Then depending on which browser you use , follow the relevant steps:

----------------------Firefox ---------------------------

> Open a new Firefox window (website)

> Go to Tools> Options> and go to change your order, the Home. ( f.e www.google.de) and click OK.

> Remove the search engine of Babylon by clicking the small arrow next to the icon of Babylon

> Manage Search Engines

> select Babylon and Remove

> Close Firefox and open again

> write in the address Bar "about:config " and click Enter

> Write in the search engine "Babylon."

> Click on any 'Babylon' preferences with the right mouse button and select "Reset"

In the following video you can see how to change TAB URL :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yPX-ZJ5fQc...feature=related

----------------------------- Chrome -------------------------------------------------

Open Google Chrome and click on the "wrench" icon:

Click> Settings , choose the option "Open a particular page or set of pages."

Click "Set Pages" on page Babylon and delete from the list.

To change the search engine in Google Chrome, please follow the instructions below:

Open Google Chrome on the "wrench" icon on the right side of the address bar, click:

Settings> Under "Search", click "Manage Search Engines ...".

If you see "Babylon Search" as a standard (default), select please another search engine as the default from (Google, Bing, etc.). Only then will you Babylon You can remove by clicking the little 'X'.

--------------------------------- Internet Explorer (IE) ------------ -------------------------------------

Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on "Tools", then "Internet Options" and in the section "Tabs" click on "Settings". It will open a new window, on the option "When a new tab is opened, open:" in the drop-down menu please choose "Your first homepage". Then click OK, Apply and OK.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to write to me again.

Best regards,

Babylon,LTD

--------------------
Simple as it is

+Quote Post
mr chilled
post 10.09.2012 19:03
Post #7

Advanced Member I

Thank you for the reply Babylon.
In the end i deleted it through the registry via regedit then when it showed up in Mozilla again i changed the default search engine back too google.
The problem i had was it did not show in add/remove programs and in IE it would not let me disable or remove.In Mozilla it was simply there but did not show up in add ons or anywhere in settings.
Going through regedit took a good while to delete everything about Babylon.
It is unusual and good of you to reply,but if you want to market your product,this is just my view,then make it easily removable and not bundled with other stuff my nieve son downloaded and which then just "hijacks" the present browser when opened.
This is why most people just class it as junk and view it with suspicion and annoyance.

edit: del large quote.

This post has been edited by richbuff: 11.09.2012 05:03

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30.09.2014 14:20