IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remove Incredibar from my Windows XP, Incredibar contacting sg.perion.com/v1.1/js/gt.js automatically
raupenpief
post 25.07.2012 12:07
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi, I am new here and hope I do everything right in order to receive some help.

I have been clumsy enough to download Incredibar onto my Windows XP Pro computer. I have tried to find as much of it as possible and deleted what I found. But still I see in the Firebug that for any web page the browser accesses the sg.perion.com/v1.1/js/gt.js script

I don't know how to remove that, could you please help me?

In this forum I have found the thread in the Kaspersky forum and I may have a similar problem.

I have done acomplete Kaspersky check on my computer and it didn't find an active virus or trojan. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and haven't wuite understood know how to provide the required check results. And my Kaspersky is in German, sometimes it is a bit difficult for me to follow the how-to instructions in English.

Please let me now which information you need and if you can help to remove this spyware from my computer.

Thanks a lot for your help,
raupenpief
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 25.07.2012 12:22
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Settings > Advanced settings (cardboard box icon) > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok, and do a scan.
After that, please uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot, and uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons, then remove any and all junk search providers in your browsers, then change your home page.

If still no go, please see the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
raupenpief
post 25.07.2012 12:54
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 25.07.2012 11:22) *
Welcome. Settings > Advanced settings (cardboard box icon) > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok, and do a scan.
After that, please uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot, and uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons, then remove any and all junk search providers in your browsers, then change your home page.

If still no go, please see the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Thanks ever so much for your quick answer. I have read these intructions in another thread and did try to follow them. But as I wrote: My Kaspersky is in German, please find attached two screenshots with questions if I have to click there.

Re junk providers: Does that include Google, Amazon, Adobe? And the toolbars: Including Firebug, Alexa, Firefox Web developer??? What about Old Bar (oder address bar) for Firefox?

Sorry to be a pain!

Thanks,
raupenpief
Attached File(s)
Attached File  01_enable_other.png ( 31.43K ) Number of downloads: 12
Attached File  02_enable_other.png ( 11.98K ) Number of downloads: 11

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 25.07.2012 13:07
Post #4

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Those are ok.

Location of Other: Attached File  other.PNG ( 41.03K ) Number of downloads: 18

Please see the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
raupenpief
post 25.07.2012 19:52
Post #5

QUOTE(richbuff @ 25.07.2012 12:07) *
Those are ok.

Location of Other: Attached File  other.PNG ( 41.03K ) Number of downloads: 18

Please see the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Hi richbuff,

Thank you very much for your help. it seems the problem is solved. I have done a full scan on my computer which has taken some time, that's why I only get back to you now.

The scan even found two trojans Backdoor.Linux.Tsunami.gen on my computer and I wonder how I have managed to catch them without Kaspersky warning me... My last full scan was end June / begin July.

Anyway the browser works fine again and testing with Firebug I find that the access to the sg.perion.com js-script is not ocurring any more and that indicates to me that the incredibar is completely eliminated.

Thanks a lot for your quick and efficient help,
raupenpief

PS: I am just scanning my other computer now, hoping not to find any toxic software there, otherwise I might get back to you ;-))

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19.04.2014 18:49