IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PC stuck in a reboot loop every two minutes, I have a microsoft security essentials related problem
ismypcevil?
post 20.07.2012 03:36
Post #1

Group: Members

My PC started acting wonky last night, with popups and ads. I uninstalled, then reinstalled Microsoft Security Essentials. That seems to have been a pretty classic blunder. Now the PC only stays booted for a minute, gives me a warning its going to reboot, and then does so. Rinse and repeat.

To mitigate this, I downloaded the Kaspersky rescue disc onto a dvd using the laptop instead. Burned it onto a cd, and loaded it onto the naughty PC. It worked! Kind of. I ran a full scan, found a bunch of stuff, and did what it recommended (delete, quarantine, etc). When it was complete, I rebooted. The issue persisted, however, and the crummy pc is still rebooting on its own all the time. So now I officially need help.

I tried capturing my system info as instructed, but it seems like its failing to upload. Help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.07.2012 04:47
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Welcome. If you don't have Kaspersky installed, please feel free to use the Kaspersky Malware Removal Tool (AVPTool). It is linked in the first Important topic.
Attach its sysinfo.zip, located at Virus Removal Tool\LOG\avptool_sysinfo.zip

Also, you can attach your zipped GSI text, or upload it to a file host such as www.mediafire.com, and post the Download link.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31.10.2014 12:23