Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaspersky Mobile Configuration
ZEssinger
post 19.07.2012 21:32
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

Hi all, we have just received smartphones for several of our employees, and I am attempting to set up Kaspersky Mobile on the devices. My phone, which I have been using as a test case, cannot connect to the administration server to get its certificate or update the database. How has everybody else set this up? Just trying to get a grasp on the standard configuration here. Thanks for any help in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
victorm
post 19.07.2012 21:39
Post #2

Kaspersky Fan I

Group: KL LatAm

bt.gif
Just curiosity: What kind of phone do you have? blink.gif
bs.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZEssinger
post 19.07.2012 21:44
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(victorm @ 19.07.2012 20:39) *
bt.gif
Just curiosity: What kind of phone do you have? blink.gif
bs.gif

All of the phones received by our employees are Motorola Droid 4
I have the android version of the software installed on my phone currently.

+Quote Post
ZEssinger
post 19.07.2012 21:51
Post #4

Advanced Member I

A little more information on what I have already tried to do:
I have opened the standard port, 13292, in the firewall for incoming and outgoing. This port has also been opened in our wireless configuration, as we are usually in an environment with our own wifi network. I have the management tools installed on our admin server. Unless there's something huge I am missing, the phone should be able to connect to the administration server through our wifi network via IP address. Right?

+Quote Post
victorm
post 19.07.2012 22:00
Post #5

Kaspersky Fan I

bt.gif
Ok, i assume that your issue is about Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Smartphone (A.K.A. KES 8 for Smartphones) isn't it?.
Be careful, devices Motorola Droid are not officially supported (see the system requirements here), but will be interesting to know what Android version are using in your phones.
bs.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZEssinger
post 19.07.2012 22:43
Post #6

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(victorm @ 19.07.2012 21:00) *
bt.gif
Ok, i assume that your issue is about Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Smartphone (A.K.A. KES 8 for Smartphones) isn't it?.
Be careful, devices Motorola Droid are not officially supported (see the system requirements here), but will be interesting to know what Android version are using in your phones.
bs.gif

Yes, that is what we are trying to implement. Android version is 2.3.6. Hopefully I can get things figured out here and give this product a thumbs up. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ZEssinger
post 20.07.2012 19:02
Post #7

Advanced Member I

Another update for the sake of documentation.

I have gone back through setup for KSC to make dead sure I have everything set properly, have opened ports in firewalls, and traffic should be making it to the server. However, running wireshark on the server end, I don't see my phones IP at all. Something must be getting blocked somewhere. Continuing to attempt to track that down.

+Quote Post
victorm
post 21.07.2012 07:32
Post #8

Kaspersky Fan I

bt.gif
Try creating NAT rule from internet to internal (to your KSC) between including ports 15000, 13000, 14000 and 13292.
bs.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcio Silva
post 23.07.2012 06:51
Post #9

Advanced Member II

Check these:

1- KES for Smartphones can't sync to KSC via wifi, only by regular mobile data channel (4G, 3G, EDGE, GPRS).

2- Be sure to install KSC 9 selecting CUSTOM install, and then select MOBILE DEVICES SUPPORT. This will give you an additional step in the install process, asking what is the Administration Server name that mobile devices should use to sync. At this step, you should use your EXTERNAL (public) IP address or some FQDN that can be resolved by you phone while in the internet. This is very important.

3- be SURE that port is opened. Open KSC, right mouse click on ADMINISTRATION SERVER -> Properties -> Settings. Be sure to check "Open port for mobile devices". Set your front firewall to forward this port to your KSC. No need to forward TCP 13000, TCP 14000, UDP 15000. Only the port that is selected in "Open port for mobile devices".

4- From somewhere outside your company's network, do this: " telnet <name> <port> " while <name> is the name/IP you selected during install to be the one the phones would use to connect and <port> is the port selected on "open port for mobile devices". If you receive a connection error, port is closed or not forward correctly and sync will not work.

--------------------
Systems Engineer - Kaspersky Lab Brazil

Canais de suporte corporativo:
(11) 3958-3842 | Live Chat (em inglês) | Abrir chamado via web

+Quote Post
ZEssinger
post 23.07.2012 20:12
Post #10

Advanced Member I

Thank you for the informative post mpsilva. I do have one question though. If KES8 works via wireless on laptops and the like, why would it not be able to work the same on the cell platforms?

+Quote Post
Marcio Silva
post 24.07.2012 08:12
Post #11

Advanced Member II

Sorry, I don't know that. There should be an explanation, maybe you can have that answer in the mobile product forum. Developers often read forum posts.

--------------------
Systems Engineer - Kaspersky Lab Brazil

Canais de suporte corporativo:
(11) 3958-3842 | Live Chat (em inglês) | Abrir chamado via web

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.08.2014 01:37