Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Service Part of the program was unloaded from computer memory
RetailBiz
post 16.07.2012 20:08
Post #1

Group: Members

Greetings!

I use Kaspersky Pure (9.0.0.192) on a DELL vostro i5 processor, 4GB RAM laptop with XP Professional OS and experience the same issue. My OS and all windows applications are fully upto date with all critical updates from Microsoft. I also run the monthly malaware removal tool offered by microsoft.

The issue started about a month ago and used to happen around the same time of the day, mostly when the system was idle and connected to the internet. After the crash I would see a message that said "Windows could not reference memory at ....." or something to that effect followed by the "Serive part of the program was unloaded..." message and re-starting of Kaspersky Pure after a minute or so. I updated the antivirus software and ran a full scan. No malaware no virus. No change in the issue.

Since last week the number of incidents have increased. (I updated Nokia Suite to ver 3.4.49 around the same time but cannot confirm if the increase in incidents is connected to that). I notice that the application (Excel, explorer, outlook) stops responding and at that moment in the Task Manager the memory used by AVP.exe is the highest & goes on increasing with application hanging being the 2nd highest and also increasing usage but far slowly than avp.exe. Windows security alert pops a warning that the AV has stopped running when avp.exe memory usage reaches around 180,000K or higher memory. It takes another minute or two for Kaspersky logo to go grey, pop up the SERVICE PART OF THE PROGRAM WAS UNLOADED FROM COMPUTER MEMORY" message and then re-start.

Getting to be very irritating as I now have 1-3 incidents a day. All help will be appreciated. The link to my Getsysteminfo report is here http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...6a3d50298c872b0 and the report created by the exe is attached.

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 17.07.2012 01:48
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Please clean install PURE 2.0.

Right click the red K tray icon > Exit > uninstall PURE R2 > reboot > download PURE 2.0 > install PURE 2.0 > update databases > reboot.

Download links for PURE 2.0 are located in the Important topics.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
RetailBiz
post 18.07.2012 17:54
Post #3

Thanks! I will do that & revert.

However just to let you know I encountered the same problem soon after my last post and this time in the Task Manager I noticed that while the avp.exe memory usage climbed well into 7 digits, the only other program that seemed to be active was nokiasuite.exe when the application was not open.

I prevented the Nokia Suite files from loading at startup and have not used that application for one full day. Voila!!! No crashes of Kaspersky Pure when I used to have 2-3 incidents a day at the time of reporting!!!!

+Quote Post
RetailBiz
post 24.07.2012 21:54
Post #4

Greetings!

Upgraded to Pure 2. Updated databases and scanned. No threats. Working fine for last 4 days even with Nokia Suite running.

Thank you for the assistance. We can close this issue.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20.04.2014 04:37