Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaspersky, DLP and future
Júlio Carvalho
post 6.07.2012 22:04
Post #1

Group: Members

Dear,

I have searched a lot about security solutions for the company where I work. I'm currently in final testing and only two remained: Kaspersky and Sophos.

Kaspersky wins most of the features: web control, performance, easy installation on the clients, identifies application vulnerabilities outdated, good management console, etc.. But still missing the DLP.

You are developing to integrate DLP / add the endpoint? Do you have any estimate of when it is ready?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Testeur09
post 7.07.2012 00:58
Post #2

Advanced Member IV

What do you mean by DLP ?

+Quote Post
Júlio Carvalho
post 7.07.2012 01:18
Post #3

QUOTE(Testeur09 @ 6.07.2012 17:58) *
What do you mean by DLP ?

DLP meaning "Data Loss Prevention". The EndPoint of Sophos has this feature. I'm wondering if the Kasper has plans to develop this functionality in your EndPoint. I hope so, because Kasper wins the most common features, but this DLP functionality in Sophos I tested and it is fantastic. You can audit or block events such as: attempted upload of confidential documents, sent attachment, etc.

+Quote Post
Testeur09
post 7.07.2012 04:52
Post #4

Advanced Member IV

Ah, you probably mean attaching DRM to documents - kinda like Microsoft AD RMS ?

+Quote Post
mastropizza
post 7.07.2012 17:24
Post #5

Kaspersky Fan I

Group: Public Testers

Hello,
DRM (digital rights management) is another history and its goal is to avoid unauthorized copies or utilization of software.
DLP simply (actually it's not so simple!) tags sensitive data and avoids these data/assets leave the company's network. DLP can be applied at a gateway or endpoint level.
Hope this helps.
M

+Quote Post
zeljko.n
post 10.07.2012 11:37
Post #6

Advanced Member II

This is nice feature but i think it has no place in antivirus software.
Its more important to have good antivirus protection than DLP because DLP can be handled thrue group policies (not all options but u can secure your network and data).
I didnt hear that Kaspersky works on this solution.

This post has been edited by zeljko.n: 10.07.2012 11:37

+Quote Post
Testeur09
post 10.07.2012 11:59
Post #7

Advanced Member IV

QUOTE(mastropizza @ 7.07.2012 15:24) *
Hello,
DRM (digital rights management) is another history and its goal is to avoid unauthorized copies or utilization of software.
DLP simply (actually it's not so simple!) tags sensitive data and avoids these data/assets leave the company's network. DLP can be applied at a gateway or endpoint level.
Hope this helps.
M

Hmm, nothing prevents you from applying DRM to something else than software (it's already the case for CD by example), like documents.

+Quote Post
mastropizza
post 11.07.2012 17:44
Post #8

Kaspersky Fan I

Hello Testeur09,

you're right, in fact i spoke about 'software' not 'application'....'software' (or, at least, what it stands for me) includes applications, related data, documents and so forth.
The fact is that DLP (Data Loss Prevention) has been implemented to prevent companies' sensitive data leakage while DRM prevents, generally, from unauthorized and illicit utilisation of software (my concept of software! smile.gif)
Anyway, despite to these philosophy pills ( biggrin.gif ), i heard about a future encryption feature but nothing about DLP...even if it's only a matter of time....and money as well!
@zeljco.n - i'm totally with you but, technically, even KAV for Workstation 6 wasn't ('isn't' as MP4 is still supported) a pure antivirus solution...in fact it was/is an evolution of KIS! Today we're talking about 'endpoint security' therefore i guess it's quite obsolete to talk about 'antivirus'....KES is much more...with pros and cons! wink.gif

Bye
M

+Quote Post
victorm
post 11.07.2012 19:03
Post #9

Kaspersky Fan I

Group: KL LatAm

bt.gif
In official meetings made here in my country, someone asked the same:

QUOTE(Júlio Carvalho @ 6.07.2012 13:04) *
You are developing to integrate DLP / add the endpoint?

Answer: Yes, that feature is still evaluated and also added to roadmap.

QUOTE(Júlio Carvalho @ 6.07.2012 13:04) *
Do you have any estimate of when it is ready?

Answer: Sure, when it's ready smile.gif

@Mastropizza, Testeur09 & zeljko.n: Thanks for your interesting comments smile.gif
bs.gif

This post has been edited by victorm: 11.07.2012 19:04

--------------------

+Quote Post
Júlio Carvalho
post 11.07.2012 20:38
Post #10

@victorm
thanks ^^

@zeljko.n - "This feature is nice but i think it has no place in antivirus software."
In fact, the corporate antivirus now no longer just an antivirus solution, and became a security solution for business. All are changing for that. "EndPoint"

@mastropizza - "DLP Can Be Applied at the gateway or endpoint level."
It's true. But applying in the endpoint is a further security, and prevents leaks such as a malicious user to use any open port to acess a proxy, for example.

This post has been edited by Júlio Carvalho: 11.07.2012 20:41

+Quote Post
mastropizza
post 12.07.2012 15:34
Post #11

Kaspersky Fan I

QUOTE(Júlio Carvalho @ 11.07.2012 17:38) *
@victorm
thanks ^^

@zeljko.n - "This feature is nice but i think it has no place in antivirus software."
In fact, the corporate antivirus now no longer just an antivirus solution, and became a security solution for business. All are changing for that. "EndPoint"

@mastropizza - "DLP Can Be Applied at the gateway or endpoint level."
It's true. But applying in the endpoint is a further security, and prevents leaks such as a malicious user to use any open port to acess a proxy, for example.

Certainly true but i've never ever said that gw level protection is enough or, worst case, endpoint DLP solutions are useless!! wink.gif
M

+Quote Post
zeljko.n
post 12.07.2012 16:22
Post #12

Advanced Member II

It is nice to hear that there will be a new features in upcoming versions:))) This is how conversation should look like on forum smile.gif

+Quote Post
Júlio Carvalho
post 12.07.2012 16:57
Post #13

QUOTE(mastropizza @ 12.07.2012 08:34) *
Certainly true but i've never ever said that gw level protection is enough or, worst case, endpoint DLP solutions are useless!! wink.gif

Yes ... You explained very well. I just wanted to exemplify the importance of the DLP in Endpoint. =]

QUOTE(zeljko.n @ 12.07.2012 09:22) *
It is nice to hear that there will be a new features in upcoming versions:))) This is how conversation should look like on forum smile.gif

It would be a good official announcement here on the forum about this subject. I searched and not found. Do not know if I did right, but I tried. =]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20.09.2014 09:57