IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Client register error -2147024894
bineet5653
post 5.07.2012 19:15
Post #1

Group: Members

I am not able to use any security software on my unit.

systeminfo: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...2d82da8fd13d02a
VIRUSINFO_SYCURE.ZIP is attached

I had been using Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 until it popped up 1 Issue "On-access scanning is disabled', It couldn't be fixed. The Technical Support is still working on it.

I downloaded Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 but it couldn't be installed, It gave error in the beginning saying "Setup was unable to install drivers on your system. The installation process can't continue. Try running the setup program with administrator privileges". (Though i had run it with administrator privileges).

I downloaded trial Kaspersky Pure 2.0 but the installation didnt complete saying "Fatal error, setup could not complete". It asked me to download "Virus Removal Tool" in case my unit had viruses, i downloaded but again couldn't install.

Virus Removal Tool installation gave error :"Please Try to reboot your computer. Error message is client register error: -2147024894".

I rebooted my PC in safe mode and could install Kaspersky "Virus Removal Tool" which found and deleted 1 virus. It prompted me to scan again in normal mode but it couldn't be installed in normal mode to be used.

I downloaded AVG Free Antivirus 2012 and installation was successful, but again the AVG Interface is showing 2 problems:
1- AntiVirus not active (Resident Shield Component is not active).
2- Anti-ROotkit driver not found (Kernel mode driver not found).

None of Bitdefender Products could be installed in safe mode also, and Online Virus scan (Bitdefender) showed "Your PC is Safe".

Please any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Attached File(s)
Attached File  virusinfo_syscure.zip ( 74,04K ) Number of downloads: 21

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.07.2012 09:58
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Your logs present a most interesting picture. It looks like your Windows is severely borked. I don't see malware in any of your three logs.

I very rarely recommend nuke and rebuild. Almost never. I think it is the easy way out, instead of diagnosing the cause of the issue, and then fixing it.

But in this case, after reviewing your Log Events/Event Viewer, format and re install Windows looks like that magical cure for all your systemic issues. Again, I almost never recommend this. But I see evidence of Windows registry and file corruption.

Maybe someone else, or Tech Support can offer you less drastic advice to address your systems' issues.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
bineet5653
post 8.07.2012 07:18
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(richbuff @ 6.07.2012 08:58) *
Your logs present a most interesting picture. It looks like your Windows is severely borked. I don't see malware in any of your three logs.

I very rarely recommend nuke and rebuild. Almost never. I think it is the easy way out, instead of diagnosing the cause of the issue, and then fixing it.

But in this case, after reviewing your Log Events/Event Viewer, format and re install Windows looks like that magical cure for all your systemic issues. Again, I almost never recommend this. But I see evidence of Windows registry and file corruption.

Maybe someone else, or Tech Support can offer you less drastic advice to address your systems' issues.

Thanks for your concern. My issue has been resolved now.
I used TDSS Killer along with SuperAntispyware Professional and removed this file :C:\windows\system32\Drivers\e1e792bb3c48696d.sys

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1.11.2014 15:48