IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaspersky for Exchange, Installation Error Active Directory Permissions
Ola Hansen
post 25.06.2012 12:12
Post #1

Group: Members

Having problems installing Kaspersky for Exchange 2010 with DAG. The installer official error message is "insufficient rights to create objects in active directory" and in kseinstall log the last line is "Creating AD Object".

So what are the exact permissions needed to install Kaspersky for Exchange?

Setup user already have local administrator and full control on the CN=Services, CN=Microsoft Exchange object so what more could be needed!?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ola Hansen
post 25.06.2012 13:20
Post #2

Anyone has an idea to what exactly AD Configuration object the Kaspersky installer needs access to?

+Quote Post
Ola Hansen
post 25.06.2012 17:08
Post #3

Hello? You all just install using Domain Administrator and hope for the best?

+Quote Post
Smoot Operator
post 26.06.2012 09:44
Post #4

Advanced Member II

Hello, I did installation couple months ago, I've use domain administrator account. Local user account doesn't work, nor you can open an Exchange managment (shell) as local user.

Do the installation of Kaspersky with the same account when you installed Exchange.

+Quote Post
whoisrich
post 2.12.2013 20:39
Post #5

Just wanted to post some info here on this, since I had this problem and it was the top search result.

Installing Kaspersky Security 8 for Microsoft Exchange Servers
"The CreateActiveDirectoryObjectsActionStep operation ended in an error: AD not enough permissions."

During the install account, it asks you twice, what account you wish to run Kaspersky under,
and I wrongly assumed it would use that for AD write access, but actually it uses the logged in account.

The account I was logged in as was a domain admin, but for a subdomain of a forest,
and it is trying to write to the configuration stored in the top level domain:
"CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=TopLevelForstDomainName"

So I added the account to the forest "Enterprise Admins" group, however, the permissions would not
take effect until I re-logged into the server, which meant cancelling and letting it do a rollback.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29.11.2014 09:05