IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Application Startup Control - Want to block 'everyone' except some users, how to do?
kasfan
post 17.06.2012 14:38
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello,
I am trying to define a Application Startup Control policy that will deny everyone access to the web browser except some users I specify.
I specify for example my user as the allowed users list
I specify 'everyone' as the blocked users list.
Then I to launch firefox and i get blocked even though I'm on the allowed list huh.gif

Please help
/me

Attached File(s)
Attached File  screenshot1.png ( 31.2K ) Number of downloads: 38

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kirill Kertsenba...
post 18.06.2012 11:20
Post #2

Advanced Member I

Group: KL Russia

Hi kasfan,

I can be wrong, but it looks like "denied permission" is always higher than "granted permission". In this case you must not use EVERYONE for denied rule when granted rule has a particular group

+Quote Post
Syed Ejaz Ali
post 18.06.2012 11:27
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(kasfan @ 17.06.2012 15:38) *
Hello,
I am trying to define a Application Startup Control policy that will deny everyone access to the web browser except some users I specify.
I specify for example my user as the allowed users list
I specify 'everyone' as the blocked users list.
Then I to launch firefox and i get blocked even though I'm on the allowed list huh.gif

Please help
/me

Hi kasfan,
Just Add the users/groups in "Users/Groups that are granted a permission" which users/groups you want to use that application and blank the option "Users/Group that are denied permission". So your that User/Groups run the applications which you mentioned in granted permission and all other Users/groups are denied.

+Quote Post
kasfan
post 18.06.2012 14:39
Post #4

QUOTE(Syed Ejaz Ali @ 18.06.2012 10:27) *
Hi kasfan,
Just Add the users/groups in "Users/Groups that are granted a permission" which users/groups you want to use that application and blank the option "Users/Group that are denied permission". So your that User/Groups run the applications which you mentioned in granted permission and all other Users/groups are denied.

Thanks! it works! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17.04.2014 13:34