Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cannot uninstall PURE 2.0
kepico
post 15.06.2012 16:29
Post #1

Group: Members

Kaspersky Pure 2.0

I had trouble updating the Password Manager to latest version (would not install correctly) and lost the PW manager completely. So figured I would have to re-install the full PURE 2.0 package again. Trying to uninstall the current version on my computer now but not having much luck.

When trying to install "pur12.0.1.288EN_2791" setup I get the "computer already has the Kaspersky tool, uninstall etc." error.

I have uninstalled first using the built in removal w\no luck then I tried the KAV Removal tool ver. 10.229.0 in SAFE mode w\no luck (three times & rebooted), then I went though the registry and tried to get as many "Kaspersky" entries as I could find again no luck.

Here is my GSI:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...d2f141f255b1d7b

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tzelemel
post 15.06.2012 18:41
Post #2

QUOTE(kepico @ 15.06.2012 12:29) *
Kaspersky Pure 2.0

I had trouble updating the Password Manager to latest version (would not install correctly) and lost the PW manager completely. So figured I would have to re-install the full PURE 2.0 package again. Trying to uninstall the current version on my computer now but not having much luck.

When trying to install "pur12.0.1.288EN_2791" setup I get the "computer already has the Kaspersky tool, uninstall etc." error.

I have uninstalled first using the built in removal w\no luck then I tried the KAV Removal tool ver. 10.229.0 in SAFE mode w\no luck (three times & rebooted), then I went though the registry and tried to get as many "Kaspersky" entries as I could find again no luck.

Here is my GSI:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...d2f141f255b1d7b

I've been having the same problems for the past five hours and I've only just managed to solve it.

I downloaded a trial version of Revo Uninstaller Pro, because I found a thread hidden somewhere on this forum that said it was guaranteed to un-install everything. And it did. Download the program. Don't pay for it. (I've just found out there's a free version). Use the trial version.

When you open it up, you should see Kaspersky Pure 2.0 in the list. Use the Revo Uninstaller Pro to uninstall. The program will make backups before activating the Kaspersky uninstaller.
Go through all the Kaspersky uninstall steps just in case it works.
If it fails, don't worry.
Revo Uninstaller will now undergo a third step: it will search your entire harddrive for everything that the Kaspersky Uninstaller failed to remove.
When it finds all of it, check the list to make sure it isn't going to delete anything you still want. (The only thing you should still want are the Password databases if you use them and the Uninstaller didn't even find those).
Then delete everything.

This is guaranteed to uninstall Kaspersky Pure 2.0 properly.

+Quote Post
kepico
post 15.06.2012 22:14
Post #3

Thanks for the tip, but that would not work for me as the program itself was removed but there were parts of it remaining. Fortunately I was able to remove it finally by using the KAV removal tool not in safe mode but instead I stopped all the services in WIN7 (64bit) and it removed it fine that way.

+Quote Post
Tzelemel
post 15.06.2012 23:06
Post #4

QUOTE(kepico @ 15.06.2012 18:14) *
Thanks for the tip, but that would not work for me as the program itself was removed but there were parts of it remaining. Fortunately I was able to remove it finally by using the KAV removal tool not in safe mode but instead I stopped all the services in WIN7 (64bit) and it removed it fine that way.

Yes, that's the exact same problem I had. The program I suggested finds the remaining parts and removes them as well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.07.2014 21:43