IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> C:\windows and C:\Document and setting fails
thebest88
post 4.05.2012 05:04
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi, i am a Kaspersky user and i got a problem. I first tried to do a full scan and i got an error and kaspersky anti-virus 2012 crashed. Then i tried to do separate scanings of different folders to see which ones were the problem. I couldn´t scan only C:\windows and C:\Document and setting. Scaning those 2 folders crashed Kaspersky every time. Then i checked out the forum and i modified one scan setting= http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?act=a...st&id=85820

i changed the default number of mb for 20 mb and now it works perfectly. But that alone solved the problem? why does one setting work and another doesn´t? is the quality of the 2 settings of scans equal?

Should i install windows ( i have windows xp) again to solve the "C:\windows and C:\Document and setting problem" that wasn´t before in my computer? I mean. before i could do the complete scan with the defaults settings. i don´t get why now i suddenly had to change setting to make the antivirus work properly. It´s just strange.

This post has been edited by thebest88: 4.05.2012 05:07
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 4.05.2012 05:15
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Do you have any new, large archived files?

The setting change will skip on-demand scan of large archives. But all is still ok, because if there were any malware executed, your real-time Kaspersky protection would detect it immediately upon execution.

You posted in the Virus section of this forum. If you suspect malware issue, please see the first Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
thebest88
post 4.05.2012 05:31
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(richbuff @ 4.05.2012 04:15) *
Welcome. Do you have any new, large archived files?

The setting change will skip on-demand scan of large archives. But all is still ok, because if there were any malware executed, your real-time Kaspersky protection would detect it immediately upon execution.

You posted in the Virus section of this forum. If you suspect malware issue, please see the first Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Thanks for your reply!

i don´t save files in C\windows or C\documents and settings. The only archives that i download to the C\document and settings are videos from youtube with the downloadhelper.

The only thing really suspicious that i remember lately is that i installed the yahoo mesenger program. Kapersky wouldn´t suddenly even start (i guess it was because of that program). So i unistalled the yahoo messenger and then kasperky worked well again (and the complete scan worked well too). that hapened some weeks ago.

This post has been edited by thebest88: 4.05.2012 05:32

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3.09.2014 06:04