IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Computer crashes and AVP.exe not closing at shutdown
k19d23
post 1.05.2012 04:29
Post #1

Group: Members

I am running Windows XP Professional with service pack 3 and have KIS 2012. Previously had KIS 2011, but think we took it off before loading 2012. Two problems. Frequently get a message upon trying to turn off the computer that AVP.exe is not closing down. Have to click it off before the machine will shut down. Also, the computer will crash, usually while using Internet Explorer and freezes everything. Have to turn the computer off and back on again. What can be done? Here is the link to the Get System Info tool report --

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...16c4700b126fbdf
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 1.05.2012 04:40
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Please clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279128

Please run the McAfee removal tool. It is linked in the fourth Important topic. It is a good idea to uninstall Kaspersky > reboot, before running the removal tool. Reboot after tool use, then re install Kaspersky > reboot > do a databases update > reboot.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
k19d23
post 1.05.2012 05:15
Post #3

Group: Members

I am running a 3-user license on KIS 2012 and this computer is the third user. If I uninstall it, then uninstall McAfee (which I didn't know was there), will I be able to reload the KIS 2012 on the third license? If not, what do I do ahead of time to allow this? Thanks.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 1.05.2012 05:37
Post #4

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

You are all good.

3-user means no more than three iterations of the activated application running at the same time.

Number of activations is much higher, so as to allow for un and re installs, move to replacement PCs, re-install Windows, etc. smile.gif

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31.08.2014 04:14