Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Virtual keyboard problem?
kasperdude
post 30.04.2012 15:55
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello
I am using KIS for some years. I don’t know if this is a Kaspersky or a Firefox problem but I am posting here in case someone has any idea what the problem might be. I have installed KIS 2012 and I was using mostly Firefox 11 until recently.
The problem:
In the last month I cannot log in my hotmail account using the virtual keyboard in Firefox. Every time I am typing my password I get the “password incorrect” message. This happens only with the password, not with the email address. Using the physical keyboard I have no problem logging in. Always in Firefox, in any other site that requires login info, passwords are accepted using the vk.
On the other hand when I am typing my hotmail password using the vk in IE8 or Safari or Opera I get no error message and I can log in.
I uninstalled Firefox and installed it again. I had the same problem. I rolled back to Firefox 3.6 version and did not solve the problem. I am updating frequently KIS, I have not installed any software right before this problem appeared and I performed a full scan of my computer twice with no malware or virus found.
In conclusion only in firefox, only in the hotmail login page and only in the password field using the vk the password is not accepted. Everything else is working fine.
This is really a weird bug.
Any ideas or help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 30.04.2012 18:01
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

Hi,
if you type the password in a visible field in FF, is it correct?

+Quote Post
kasperdude
post 30.04.2012 20:06
Post #3

Thanks for the immediate reply Lucian.
Yes it is correct. To be honest I haven’t thought of it before so I’ve downloaded a specific ff add-on for the purpose.
I still could not log in though. BUT…I have noticed that typing instead with the physical keyboard the last letter was not accepted in the field…(…actually it is not a letter, it is a symbol) and I could log in! So I’ve typed with the vk without hitting the last symbol and I did log in! Now, I know I have not changed my password and I also know it is correct. Using the vk in other browsers with the last symbol included I log in my account and without it I cannot.
So, a month ago everything was normal and now suddenly the last symbol in my password, even though correctly entered with the vk, is recognized as incorrect from hotmail. I was thinking to change the password to see what happens but I wanted to reply first in case you have any suggestion. With other browsers I still have no problem.
This is getting complicated..... unsure.gif

Thanks

+Quote Post
kasperdude
post 30.04.2012 20:29
Post #4

Maybe it is not a vk problem after all… With the visible field test I discovered that the last symbol is not typed even though I am hitting it several times using the physical keyboard. Hitting it with the vk it IS typed (and this is the correct password…) but hotmail recognizes it as wrong…Without it I can log in even with the vk… On the other hand…why does hotmail accept a wrong password...?? sad.gif

Thanks again

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26.11.2014 03:04