IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> internet slow
booksrule
post 29.04.2012 19:04
Post #1

Group: Members

First disclosure - I am not a computer geek, so please be kind.

I installed PURE Total Security - I don't know if this is PURE 2.0, because all the Quick Start Guide says is PURE Total Security. I noticed immediately after installing it that Internet pages are loading very slowly, and refreshing slowly. I have read a suggestion to reset IE, but frankly I have put a lot of time into setting up my Favorites across the top and I don't want to lose them if I can help it. I also read a suggestion to clean out the Temp file on my hard drive, which I did - now all that stuff is in the Recycling Bin. some stuff wouldn't clear, though.

I see also where people submit a GSI Log. I have no clue how to do that or where to go to find how to do that.

Would someone be willing to assist me in finding out what's going on? Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 29.04.2012 19:09
Post #2

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(booksrule @ 29.04.2012 17:04) *
First disclosure - I am not a computer geek, so please be kind.

I installed PURE Total Security - I don't know if this is PURE 2.0, because all the Quick Start Guide says is PURE Total Security. I noticed immediately after installing it that Internet pages are loading very slowly, and refreshing slowly. I have read a suggestion to reset IE, but frankly I have put a lot of time into setting up my Favorites across the top and I don't want to lose them if I can help it. I also read a suggestion to clean out the Temp file on my hard drive, which I did - now all that stuff is in the Recycling Bin. some stuff wouldn't clear, though.

I see also where people submit a GSI Log. I have no clue how to do that or where to go to find how to do that.

Would someone be willing to assist me in finding out what's going on? Thank you.

Sure. smile.gif

1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool
2. Run getsysteminfo.exe, click run and next create report.
3. The log will be autouploaded and added to the clipboard with the default settings.
4. Now add the link from the clipboard to your post about your issue, use insert link and rightclick to add the link in the clipboard.

Important!.....Please do all 4 steps when you make the GSI log, too many just add the raw log to his/her post. This is very very difficult to read so please add the link to the uploaded log, not the log which is a zipfile.....we just need the easy to read link from the page that opens when the log is finished

--------------------

+Quote Post
booksrule
post 30.04.2012 03:53
Post #3

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 29.04.2012 18:09) *
Sure. :)

1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool
2. Run getsysteminfo.exe, click run and next create report.
3. The log will be autouploaded and added to the clipboard with the default settings.
4. Now add the link from the clipboard to your post about your issue, use insert link and rightclick to add the link in the clipboard.

Important!.....Please do all 4 steps when you make the GSI log, too many just add the raw log to his/her post. This is very very difficult to read so please add the link to the uploaded log, not the log which is a zipfile.....we just need the easy to read link from the page that opens when the log is finished

OK,I did steps 1 and 2, but after the report was created it went to a web page with a URL. I found this zip file on my desktop as well (attachment). I am sorry I do not understand about the clipboard, because nothing came up like that. Here is the URL that came up. http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...130afec92793980

I apologize for being so illiterate on this. It has been very frustrating. In fact another problem has popped up. I can't change the font in Word now - it freezes when I try to do it. AND, now it takes way too long for my computer to send a print job to my wireless printer. Up pops a message I have never seen before about trying to find the printer, then after a full minute, the print dialog box will come up.

None of this ever happened until I installed this software. HELP!!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  GetSystemInfo_NANCY_PC_Nancy_2012_04_29_18_32_22.zip ( 175,62K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 30.04.2012 06:49
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

You have the old PURE R2.

Please clean install PURE 2.0.

Uninstall PURE R2 > reboot > download PURE 2.0 > install PURE 2.0 > update databases > reboot.

Download links for PURE 2.0 are located in the Important topics.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
booksrule
post 30.04.2012 15:56
Post #5

QUOTE(richbuff @ 30.04.2012 05:49) *
You have the old PURE R2.

Please clean install PURE 2.0.

Uninstall PURE R2 > reboot > download PURE 2.0 > install PURE 2.0 > update databases > reboot.

Download links for PURE 2.0 are located in the Important topics.
Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Thanks, I will try that. But I am a little confused, because the instructions in the upgrade post (one of those important ones at the top of this forum), leads you to an article that says to install PURE 2.0 over the PURE R2. It doesn't say anything about uninstalling the R2 first.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 30.04.2012 16:45
Post #6

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(booksrule @ 30.04.2012 13:56) *
Thanks, I will try that. But I am a little confused, because the instructions in the upgrade post (one of those important ones at the top of this forum), leads you to an article that says to install PURE 2.0 over the PURE R2. It doesn't say anything about uninstalling the R2 first.

Don't be....it's an option and one that many users demand, however just not the best way to upgrade generally if you wish to see the best result. In this situation it is by far the best option to uninstall the privious version because the two versions are based on two different arichitectures (PURE R2 = KIS 2010/11 & PURE 2.0 = 2012). smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
booksrule
post 1.05.2012 03:59
Post #7

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 30.04.2012 15:45) *
Don't be....it's an option and one that many users demand, however just not the best way to upgrade generally if you wish to see the best result. In this situation it is by far the best option to uninstall the privious version because the two versions are based on two different arichitectures (PURE R2 = KIS 2010/11 & PURE 2.0 = 2012). :)

OK, that makes me feel better. Thank you for being so kind. I always feel like a fish out of water when problems like this arise.

+Quote Post
booksrule
post 1.05.2012 04:00
Post #8

QUOTE(booksrule @ 1.05.2012 02:59) *
OK, that makes me feel better. Thank you for being so kind. I always feel like a fish out of water when problems like this arise.

One more question - if I uninstall PURE R2, will Kaspersky know I am entitled to a free upgrade?

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 1.05.2012 05:57
Post #9

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(booksrule @ 30.04.2012 16:00) *
will Kaspersky know I am entitled to a free upgrade?
Yes, Kaspersky policy. You will activate with the same 20 digit activation code as R2. smile.gif

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 MR1 15.0.1.415
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2015 MR1 15.0.1.415

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
booksrule
post 2.05.2012 05:36
Post #10

QUOTE(rudger79 @ 1.05.2012 04:57) *
Yes, Kaspersky policy. You will activate with the same 20 digit activation code as R2. :)

OK, I tried to uninstall PURE R2, but it got totally stuck on uninstalling the drivers. Would not move for at least 15 minutes. I then tried to use the link above and install PURE 2.0 over the PURE R2, but that would not work. Then I tried to do the uninstall again. It again gets stuck on uninstalling the drivers. Now I have no internet security or anti-virus.

WHAT DO I DO? This is pretty ridiculous, and very upsetting to me.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 2.05.2012 05:41
Post #11

Are You Kidding?

1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

6. After that, please run the GetSystemInfo utility again, to create a new gsi report, and then please post the link to the new gsi report, so we can see where we are at, before we proceed.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
booksrule
post 2.05.2012 06:41
Post #12

QUOTE(richbuff @ 2.05.2012 04:41) *
1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

6. After that, please run the GetSystemInfo utility again, to create a new gsi report, and then please post the link to the new gsi report, so we can see where we are at, before we proceed.

I could not do steps 2-4.. I am not comfortable doing the SAFE mode thing. I don't understand it. I have been at this for almost two hours. I tried reinstalling PURE 2.0 again before I got your message, and it supposedly installed, but it will not accept my activation code for some reason. It did an update, and a quick scan, and then told me my activation code was not there. And when I tried to put it in, it would not accept it.

I have to say that I have been using anti-virus/internet security software for over 15 years and I have never had the problems I have had with Kaspersky.

Here is my current GSI. Please tell me what to do. My activation code should be acceptable. I hadn't even used all 3 user licenses for goodness' sake!

I can try one more time of unstalling, but I don't really expect that will help. I will allow one more day of trying, then I guess I am going to have to throw in the towel and buy something else. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. I cannot be without internet security.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GetSystemInfo_NANCY_PC_Nancy_2012_05_01_21_29_37.zip ( 167,41K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 2.05.2012 07:01
Post #13

Are You Kidding?

but it will not accept my activation code for some reason.
Please describe. Do you get an Error Message, or the numbers and letters won't type into the field?

--------------------

+Quote Post
booksrule
post 2.05.2012 15:51
Post #14

QUOTE(richbuff @ 2.05.2012 06:01) *
Please describe. Do you get an Error Message, or the numbers and letters won't type into the field?

The numbers went into the fields, the activation said it was successful (with the green check mark and all), but the PURE 2.0 dashboard would still be in red and say there's no licensing for it.

I eventually rebooted the computer and that seemed to do the trick. If that's what must be done, I do think Kaspersky should have a window pop up instructing the user to do that, or have it done automatically. That has been my experience with all other anti-virus programs.

Anyway, everything seems to be working well now - internet speed is back to normal, communication between computer and wireless printer seems to be fine, and Word seems to have recovered.

I am sorry I got so frustrated in my last posts - please forgive my "all caps" outbursts. :-)

Thank you all for your help. I hope my experience helps someone else with their issues!

+Quote Post
JohnH2O
post 3.05.2012 02:20
Post #15

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(booksrule @ 2.05.2012 12:51) *
I eventually rebooted the computer and that seemed to do the trick. If that's what must be done, I do think Kaspersky should have a window pop up instructing the user to do that, or have it done automatically. That has been my experience with all other anti-virus programs.

I am pleased to hear that you have sorted out your problems. After 7 years with KL, I still have the opinion that they have one of the best security solutions.

However, a new release might create new errors. I think you have encountered one of them. It is interesting that you emphasize the need of rebooting. I have experienced the same behavior. That is why I have said several times: “Do it the richbuff way”. The meaning is, perform a reboot several times during the initial process. If you get a message about “License violation”, JUST REBOOT. Then your sorrows are gone away (I hope).

Thank you for your feedback, booksrule. I do not think you have to ask for forgiveness; we understand you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1.11.2014 09:17