IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Email BOT & Thunderbird Files Attack, BOT & wipes Thunderbird of messages
Linus3
post 28.04.2012 19:17
Post #1

Group: Members

Saturday 27 April I opened a email from a friend with a link to a money-making site. It apparently replicated itself through my Mozilla Thunderbird address list. Many folks have gotten back to me about it. Today I find it may have erased two of my e-mail identities in Thunderbird (but missed one --- possibly because it had no e-mail traffic). Starting yesterday I have run Malwarebytes and a full scan by ZoneAlarm. Those one after the other took over 12 hours. Nothing found. ZoneAlarm suggests in this case to come here for help.
Attached are the GetSystem & Logs
The computer I have which is open to the internet is Win7 32 bit. It is paired with a Win7 64 machine through an IOGEAR Miniview dual monitor KVM. Since it does not send nor receive emails I hope it is protected. I have run both AV apps against it just in case.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  virusinfo_syscure.zip ( 56.31K ) Number of downloads: 2

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Linus3
post 28.04.2012 20:05
Post #2

Group: Members

The text of the message(s) is either "you should definitely check this out http://[t.co/PGVhJtZ8]

~*Advertisement"

or "wow this is amazing look into this http://[t.co/rz8XqJ8Z]

~*Advertisement"

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 29.04.2012 05:14
Post #3

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. If you don't have Kaspersky installed, please feel free to use the Kaspersky Malware Removal Tool (AVPTool). It is linked in the first Important topic.
Attach its sysinfo.zip. Located at Virus Removal Tool\LOG\avptool_sysinfo.zip

Please change all of your email-related passwords. Make them strong passwords. Not a bad idea to ask your contacts to do the same.

Your GetSystemInfo is not posted.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25.04.2014 04:22