IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Searchnu.com/406
golfhacker56
post 23.04.2012 12:36
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi, My browsers IE8 and google chrome have been taken over buy a search engind called searchnu.com/406 and I cannot-t get rid of it, does anyone have any ideas? I have emailed kaspersky but had no reply.
Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 23.04.2012 12:43
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Settings > Advanced settings (cardboard box icon) > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok, and do a scan.
After that, please uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot, and uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons, then remove any and all junk search providers in your browsers, then change your home page.

If still no go, please see the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
searchnusupport
post 7.05.2012 16:58
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(golfhacker56 @ 23.04.2012 00:36) *
Hi, My browsers IE8 and google chrome have been taken over buy a search engind called searchnu.com/406 and I cannot-t get rid of it, does anyone have any ideas? I have emailed kaspersky but had no reply.
Thanks

Hi,
I'm a member of the Searchnu Support Team. I'm here to help smile.gif

From the URL you provided it looks like Searchnu was installed on your PC when you
installed iLivid- a download manager which includes Searchnu as an option.

When the software was installed onto your pc it offered two basic installs, typical installation,
which lists the add-on features such as searchnu default search, and Custom installation,
which allows you to select the add-ons that you wish to install. There's no need to worry if you did the typical install - this isn't a virus,
nor malware, and there's no need to Perform a virus scan against it.

Please visit iLivid's support section where you will find detailed instructions for uninstalling Searchnu
at:http://www.ilivid.com/faq.htm

Thank you,
The Searchnu Support Team

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.10.2014 06:18