Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stand alone Kaspersky Wks 6.0 MP4 scheduled update
Luke Cassar
post 12.04.2012 08:00
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

I have some laptops in the field which do not connect to our network that I have just installed Kaspersky on (unmanaged mode).

It seems like there is no way to schedule a definition update to happen at say 12:00PM every day from within the client itself. I know in previous versions (and other products) this was quite simple to do when a client was running stand alone.

Have I missed something somewhere, or is this going to be another pain in my ass related to antivirus?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mystery4u
post 12.04.2012 08:50
Post #2

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(Luke Cassar @ 12.04.2012 09:00) *
I have some laptops in the field which do not connect to our network that I have just installed Kaspersky on (unmanaged mode).

It seems like there is no way to schedule a definition update to happen at say 12:00PM every day from within the client itself. I know in previous versions (and other products) this was quite simple to do when a client was running stand alone.

Have I missed something somewhere, or is this going to be another pain in my ass related to antivirus?

Thanks!

Hi Luke Cassar,
Kindly provide the details of Kaspersky product and OS version.

+Quote Post
Helmut
post 12.04.2012 10:33
Post #3

True legend

Group: Gold beta testers

Do you mean with unmanaged mode this clients are temporarely out of the network?

Do you have a mobile policy?

Did you configure in the update task the mobile section?

+Quote Post
Luke Cassar
post 13.04.2012 08:30
Post #4

Advanced Member I

Hi,
The operating system is Windows 7 Professional and the Kaspersky client is KAV 6.0 for Windows workstation. Its the client that comes with KAK 8.0.

The machine has never and will never connect to our network, so it has not talked to the administration server and was configured not to talk to the administration server (does NOT have the network agent installed).

When you open the unmanaged client the Update Run Mode is 'manually' and I cant see any way to change this.

Thanks,

Luke

+Quote Post
Mystery4u
post 13.04.2012 09:12
Post #5

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(Luke Cassar @ 13.04.2012 09:30) *
Hi,
The operating system is Windows 7 Professional and the Kaspersky client is KAV 6.0 for Windows workstation. Its the client that comes with KAK 8.0.

The machine has never and will never connect to our network, so it has not talked to the administration server and was configured not to talk to the administration server (does NOT have the network agent installed).

When you open the unmanaged client the Update Run Mode is 'manually' and I cant see any way to change this.

Thanks,

Luke

Hi Luke,
Open interface of the Kaspersky anti virus, click on setting right upper corner there you select update and select the one of the mentioned run mode.
1- Automatically, 2- Every 1 day(s), 3- Manyally.
detailed is below.

UPDATE SETTINGS CONFIGURATION

The quality of your computer's protection depends directly on regular updates of the databases and application modules. In this window, the Configuration Wizard asks you to select the application update mode and to edit schedule settings:

Automatically. Kaspersky Anti-Virus checks the update source for update packages at specified intervals. Scanning frequency may increase during anti-virus outbreaks and decrease when they are over. If new updates are found, Kaspersky Anti-Virus downloads and installs them on the computer. This is the default mode.

Every 2 hour(s) (frequency may vary depending on the schedule settings). Updates will run automatically according to the schedule created. You can modify the schedule settings in another window by clicking the Change button.

Manually. If you select this option, you will run application updates on your own.

Note that the application databases and modules included with the installation package may be outdated by the time you are installing the application. That is why we recommend you obtaining the latest updates of the application. To do so, click the Update now button. Then Kaspersky Anti-Virus will download the necessary updates from update sites and will install them on your computer.

If you wish to switch to configuring updates (specify network settings, select an update source, run an update from a specific user account, or enable update download to a local source), click the Settings button.

+Quote Post
Caos
post 13.04.2012 09:56
Post #6

Spanish Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators

Attached File  wks_update_configuration.jpg ( 96,42K ) Number of downloads: 18

--------------------

+Quote Post
Helmut
post 13.04.2012 10:31
Post #7

True legend

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(Mystery4u @ 13.04.2012 07:12) *
Automatically. Kaspersky Anti-Virus checks the update source for update packages at specified intervals. Scanning frequency may increase during anti-virus outbreaks and decrease when they are over. If new updates are found, Kaspersky Anti-Virus downloads and installs them on the computer. This is the default mode.

In this mode the intervall is every 2 hours. This time is set by updcfg.xml

+Quote Post
Luke Cassar
post 16.04.2012 03:13
Post #8

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Mystery4u @ 13.04.2012 15:12) *
Hi Luke,
Open interface of the Kaspersky anti virus, click on setting right upper corner there you select update and select the one of the mentioned run mode.
1- Automatically, 2- Every 1 day(s), 3- Manyally.
detailed is below.

UPDATE SETTINGS CONFIGURATION

The quality of your computer's protection depends directly on regular updates of the databases and application modules. In this window, the Configuration Wizard asks you to select the application update mode and to edit schedule settings:

Every 2 hour(s) (frequency may vary depending on the schedule settings). Updates will run automatically according to the schedule created. You can modify the schedule settings in another window by clicking the Change button.

Manually. If you select this option, you will run application updates on your own.

Note that the application databases and modules included with the installation package may be outdated by the time you are installing the application. That is why we recommend you obtaining the latest updates of the application. To do so, click the Update now button. Then Kaspersky Anti-Virus will download the necessary updates from update sites and will install them on your computer.

If you wish to switch to configuring updates (specify network settings, select an update source, run an update from a specific user account, or enable update download to a local source), click the Settings button.

Hi and thank you for your response (and also the screenshot which someone kindly provided).

When I click on Settings and Update I sadly do not have those options.. I have options as seen in my attached screen shot.

To be clear, I went to the KLshare folder on my Admin server and copied the package for the client install.. This is all I used to do for previous versions of the product and it always seemed to work.. Is that why its broken? (I did NOT install the network agent)

*raises his arms to the sky* WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad.gif

Thanks again for your replies

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Kaspersky_Update_page.JPG ( 42,14K ) Number of downloads: 17

+Quote Post
Mystery4u
post 16.04.2012 09:13
Post #9

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(Luke Cassar @ 16.04.2012 04:13) *
Hi and thank you for your response (and also the screenshot which someone kindly provided).

When I click on Settings and Update I sadly do not have those options.. I have options as seen in my attached screen shot.

To be clear, I went to the KLshare folder on my Admin server and copied the package for the client install.. This is all I used to do for previous versions of the product and it always seemed to work.. Is that why its broken? (I did NOT install the network agent)

*raises his arms to the sky* WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad.gif

Thanks again for your replies

Hi Luke,
The update run mode option is not visible mean that Your system is under Kaspersky Administration Server Policy. Inactive policy from you kav Admin Server or uninstall Network Agent.

+Quote Post
Luke Cassar
post 18.04.2012 02:10
Post #10

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Mystery4u @ 16.04.2012 15:13) *
Hi Luke,
The update run mode option is not visible mean that Your system is under Kaspersky Administration Server Policy. Inactive policy from you kav Admin Server or uninstall Network Agent.

Hi,
I did not install the network agent on these machines because they would never connect to the server.. All I did was send them a copy of \\<SERVER>\klshare\Packages\KavWks 6.0.4.1424\ and had them run setup.exe

Should I have done something else?

Cheers,

Luke

+Quote Post
mpan
post 18.04.2012 06:40
Post #11

QUOTE(Luke Cassar @ 18.04.2012 05:10) *
Hi,
I did not install the network agent on these machines because they would never connect to the server.. All I did was send them a copy of \\<SERVER>\klshare\Packages\KavWks 6.0.4.1424\ and had them run setup.exe

Cheers,

Luke

Try to check in the control panel about installed programs or the folder installation of net agent (usually C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Network Agent 8).
If it's exists, then you have installed the net agent.

+Quote Post
Mystery4u
post 18.04.2012 08:43
Post #12

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(mpan @ 18.04.2012 07:40) *
Try to check in the control panel about installed programs or the folder installation of net agent (usually C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Network Agent 8).
If it's exists, then you have installed the net agent.

Hi,
Yes, your are right mpan, If there is Network Agent in Add Remove program list Uninstall it. Or uninstall the Anti virus from your system and restart the computer and run the setup.ex again from "\\<SERVER>\klshare\Packages\KavWks 6.0.4.1424\exec" and see the result.

+Quote Post
Testeur09
post 18.04.2012 12:16
Post #13

Advanced Member IV

QUOTE(Luke Cassar @ 18.04.2012 00:10) *
Hi,

Cheers,

Luke

That's not how you do it - you have to create a standalone package through Admin Kit first. Just copying the package will do that - a simple copy. But it won't customize it.

+Quote Post
Luke Cassar
post 20.04.2012 08:56
Post #14

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Mystery4u @ 18.04.2012 14:43) *
Hi,
Yes, your are right mpan, If there is Network Agent in Add Remove program list Uninstall it. Or uninstall the Anti virus from your system and restart the computer and run the setup.ex again from "\\<SERVER>\klshare\Packages\KavWks 6.0.4.1424\exec" and see the result.

That is a very interesting point you make.. I am going to have the user re-run setup from the exec folder of the files I sent him.

Hopefully this is all it takes, otherwise I will make a stand alone package and have to get it to the remote user somehow.

Cheers!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.11.2014 08:09