IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible virus not letting a certain file be downloaded, SUN JAVA RE can't be downloaded
danymogh
post 6.04.2012 00:19
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello,
Recently i have come across a very mysterious problem.
i simply can't download the Sunjava runtime environment (JRE) in anyway. i tried sunwebsite , other websites, filesharing websites etc...
the download either reaches 99% and stops or stops after downloading almost 120-160Kb of data (tried IE, firefox , IDM etc all the same)
and it has nothing to do with my Internet connection or being blocked etc because i can download all other files just fine.

things i tried was renaming the file before downloading which didn't work. since that i guessed it might be a virus that just doesn't let it be downloaded ( somehow reads the half downloaded file and checks if its java platform), so i found a link that had the file inside an archive (RAR, changes the byte pattern) and i could download it !!
i ran and installed the software just fine. so i only can think of this is because of kaspersky or just a virus blocking it.
any ideas ?

P.S. : i have KIS 2012 latest version and latest update and never had this problem and GSI doesn't work on my system.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.04.2012 03:15
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators
From: currently: falling out of a kayak in the middle of the Mediterranean, near Kekova Island, Turkey

If you suspect possible malware issue, please see the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for the other log.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
danymogh
post 6.04.2012 10:11
Post #3

Thanks,
i have uploaded the log files

edit: attached the .zip. [attachment=227906:virusinfo_syscure.zip]

This post has been edited by richbuff: 6.04.2012 10:20
Attached File(s)
Attached File  LOG.7z ( 75,77K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.04.2012 10:25
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

From: currently: falling out of a kayak in the middle of the Mediterranean, near Kekova Island, Turkey

Your log looks clean. What happens when you try to run GSI?

Try to reset IE and clear your browsers caches.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
danymogh
post 7.04.2012 21:16
Post #5

QUOTE(richbuff @ 6.04.2012 09:55) *
Your log looks clean. What happens when you try to run GSI?

Try to reset IE and clear your browsers caches.

i can run GSI but when i click "Create Report" i just closes. i also cleared and reset all my IE and firefox but that didn't help.

+Quote Post
danymogh
post 10.04.2012 08:36
Post #6

No ideas really ?
why can't you download a certain file from anywhere ?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 10.04.2012 08:46
Post #7

Are You Kidding?

Without the GSI I am almost totally in the dark. Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.09.2014 20:07