IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Activation error: Untrusted server certificate
pitman9
post 4.02.2012 06:57
Post #1

Group: Members

My motherboard/cpu recently died. I replaced them, but apparently some Windows files were corrupted and I had to do a fresh install on another drive. One thing I just learned is if you have an OEM copy of Windows and have to change your motherboard, you need to buy another copy of Windows. sad.gif So at the moment MS says my install isn't genuine. In any case I downloaded and installed KIS 2012. I originally tried to activate as a trial version, but got an "Activation error: Untrusted server certificate" error.

I checked out the info on Kaspersky's site about this error and the first thing mentioned was to check the system clock. It was off by years. I corrected that and tried again. Same error. I've tried everything else Kaspersky suggested including putting in a help request which got me the same information I already found on the site. Still get the same error. I responded to Kaspersky's response and haven't heard anything else yet.

I've since got into my Kaspersky account on another system and tried to use the activation code there, but same error. At this point I can't access my old e-mail on the system to get my order number, activation code mailed to me, etc.

Any suggestions while I wait for the techs at Kaspersky to respond? Thanks for any help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 4.02.2012 07:04
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Here is the Tech Article that you mention: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208284229

You can follow up and re-contact Tech Support. More information as indicated in the fifth (5th) Important topic may be of help, too.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
pitman9
post 4.02.2012 19:27
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 3.02.2012 22:04) *
Here is the Tech Article that you mention: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208284229

You can follow up and re-contact Tech Support. More information as indicated in the fifth (5th) Important topic may be of help, too.

Thanks for the reply. It got me digging around some more and I was able to find my order through one of the things in item 5 you mentioned. I entered the activation code, which is the same that is in my account and still get the same error. Still no response from Kaspersky tech support to my original query beyond the automated response so I'll start another.

I really appreciate you taking the time.

+Quote Post
pitman9
post 4.02.2012 23:22
Post #4

I finally found the answer. When I first booted the system after replacing the the motherboard and cpu I checked the CMOS and found the date was way off. I changed the date, but apparently didn't notice that they year didn't change and was still 2005. I installed Win7 and KIS 2012 first. KIS wouldn't activate and the first fix was to check and correct the date if needed which I did. So the date and time were correct. Still wouldn't activate. Next Win7 came up with an error saying my copy wasn't genuine which it is.

I finally got Win7 validated, but it wouldn't update. Upon checking the error I found one of the common reasons for this is the computer date/time being off. Checking my computer's time and date showed it still okay. Searching into the Windows update error some more I found you can set your computer to synchronize with some places on the internet. I checked and mine was already set to sync with time.microsoft.com so I changed the server and forced an time/date update. Now Windows updates and KIS accepts my activation code. Just want to get this in the forum to possibly help someone else with the same problem.

+Quote Post
NeoR88
post 24.09.2012 12:40
Post #5

Hi.

Also experienced the same error after reloading my clients laptop, and for the solution you must verify you time, calender, and time zone settings. bravo.gif

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 24.09.2012 13:09
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Welcome. That is item Number One in the tech article that is linked in the second post of this topic. wink.gif

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.12.2014 03:42