IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Backup - Access Denied, Trying to setup workstation backup to server.
mLemac
post 24.01.2012 00:41
Post #1

Group: Members

I have the latest versions of Kaspersky Small Office Security v2 (10 licenses) installed on our local server (Win SBS 2003) and a workstation (XP SP3).
All is well but I need to setup the backup for the workstation.
While on the workstation, KSOS > TOOLS > BACK AND RESTORE > STORAGE (tab) > Create > Network Drive
I select "Browse" for path and select the folder on the server that I want to backup to.
I keep clicking next until the final screen to click finish.
I get error: "Cannot create the storage: access denied."
Entering the username and password to access the server doesn't make a difference, the error still pops up.
I don't understand I have full access to the server. I can read, write, and delete files.
Why can't I backup to the server?

Using Windows Explorer, I can actually drag and drop the files I want backed up to the space on the server.
blink.gif
I was trying to setup Kaspersky to do it automatically - eventually on all the office workstations.
This is the first one I'm working on and would like to get it straight before continuing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adamoats
post 26.03.2013 20:34
Post #2

Group: Members

QUOTE(mLemac @ 23.01.2012 13:41) *
I have the latest versions of Kaspersky Small Office Security v2 (10 licenses) installed on our local server (Win SBS 2003) and a workstation (XP SP3).
All is well but I need to setup the backup for the workstation.
While on the workstation, KSOS > TOOLS > BACK AND RESTORE > STORAGE (tab) > Create > Network Drive
I select "Browse" for path and select the folder on the server that I want to backup to.
I keep clicking next until the final screen to click finish.
I get error: "Cannot create the storage: access denied."
Entering the username and password to access the server doesn't make a difference, the error still pops up.
I don't understand I have full access to the server. I can read, write, and delete files.
Why can't I backup to the server?

Using Windows Explorer, I can actually drag and drop the files I want backed up to the space on the server.
blink.gif
I was trying to setup Kaspersky to do it automatically - eventually on all the office workstations.
This is the first one I'm working on and would like to get it straight before continuing.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem. I finally phoned them and while I was talking to them it just magically started creating the backup. It was the same name and password I've used from the start. Sorry not much help but keep trying.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.11.2014 19:46