IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Internet Access icon, even though I do have Internet Access, Network and Sharing Center System yellow triangle Tray Icon
pwm001
post 30.12.2011 20:30
Post #1

Group: Members

I am having an issue after installing Kaspersky Pure. The Network and Sharing Center icon in the System Tray shows a yellow triangle and displays "No Internet Access" when you hover over it even though I DO have Internet Access. If I stop Kaspersky Pure and leave it disabled and reboot, the yellow triangle goes away and looks normal. If I start Kaspersky Pure and leave it enabled and reboot, it comes back. I am amazed that nobody else has seen this issue. I have Windows 7 Professional and Kaspersky Pure 9.1.0.124 installed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 30.12.2011 20:32
Post #2

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

Welcome. Please post the link of your GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2014

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
JohnH2O
post 31.12.2011 14:18
Post #3

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(pwm001 @ 30.12.2011 17:30) *
I am amazed that nobody else has seen this issue.

Be sure, if this was a common issue, it should be well known. Also my configuration is Win7 Pro and Kaspersky Pure 9.1.0.124, and it is working!

What are the properties of your network adaptor? Settings > Protection > Firewall > Settings > Networks > Lan > Right click = Local network?

I think the best advice is to run the GSI report as rudger79 has asked you to do. (The GSI app is a very nice app with an interesting report. At least, examine it by yourself.)

+Quote Post
pwm001
post 1.01.2012 19:34
Post #4

QUOTE(rudger79 @ 30.12.2011 10:32) *
Welcome. Please post the link of your GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395

Here is the link the GSI created: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...b67a1f31cd0aefb

+Quote Post
pwm001
post 1.01.2012 20:08
Post #5

QUOTE(pwm001 @ 1.01.2012 09:34) *

The Firewall is turned off in Kaspersky. I am using my ISPs router for firewall protection. I also have another workstation with the same setup and it too has the yellow triangle.

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 1.01.2012 20:11
Post #6

Forum Elite

You can also keep Kaspersky Firewall turned on. With firewall disabled, the warning triangle will appear. Please try with default settings of KIS. Also, Please restart your PC, then install Internet Explorer 9, reboot.

Also, you can set your network to local or trusted. http://support.kaspersky.com/pure2/protect...l?qid=208282954

This post has been edited by rudger79: 1.01.2012 20:18

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
pwm001
post 3.01.2012 02:43
Post #7

QUOTE(rudger79 @ 1.01.2012 10:11) *
You can also keep Kaspersky Firewall turned on. With firewall disabled, the warning triangle will appear. Please try with default settings of KIS. Also, Please restart your PC, then install Internet Explorer 9, reboot.

Also, you can set your network to local or trusted. http://support.kaspersky.com/pure2/protect...l?qid=208282954

I am already running Internet Explorer 9 even though the handy dandy GSI tool reports IE 8. I have turned on the Kaspersky firewall with Trusted network and re-booted. Still same issue.

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 3.01.2012 03:21
Post #8

Forum Elite

At this point you should do an un & re install to get default settings back and start fresh.

Uninstall PURE > Reboot > check internet & network status with PURE uninstalled > working, reinstall PURE > do a database update > reboot > check internet status > if no go, Report back with a fresh GSI.

Network Not working with PURE unibstalled > troubleshoot your connection.

This post has been edited by rudger79: 3.01.2012 03:23

--------------------

1.Laptop -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -

+Quote Post
pwm001
post 3.01.2012 16:27
Post #9

QUOTE(rudger79 @ 2.01.2012 17:21) *
At this point you should do an un & re install to get default settings back and start fresh.

Uninstall PURE > Reboot > check internet & network status with PURE uninstalled > working, reinstall PURE > do a database update > reboot > check internet status > if no go, Report back with a fresh GSI.

Network Not working with PURE unibstalled > troubleshoot your connection.

I have already done this and this was a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro and Kaspersky. This is why I got on this support forum to see if there was something I may have been missing. I have also tried giving Trusted access to the following sites which is where Microsoft checks to see if there is a connection:

ncsi.glbdns.microsoft.com
www.msftncsi.com

+Quote Post
pwm001
post 4.01.2012 16:41
Post #10

QUOTE(pwm001 @ 3.01.2012 06:27) *
I have already done this and this was a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro and Kaspersky. This is why I got on this support forum to see if there was something I may have been missing. I have also tried giving Trusted access to the following sites which is where Microsoft checks to see if there is a connection:

ncsi.glbdns.microsoft.com
www.msftncsi.com

Anyone have any suggestions? I have already spent more time on this anoying little problem than I want to admit. As a software developer for over 25 years, I have been through every AV product on the market. I thought I finally found a decent solution with Kaspersy. I guess they are just like all the rest. dash1.gif

+Quote Post
Marko13
post 4.01.2012 17:03
Post #11

Professional II

Hello,

Try resetting your router and rebooting your machine, maybe this would help.

+Quote Post
Chrisi-MUC
post 5.01.2012 16:09
Post #12

Same problem here, internet-error Icon but internet access via router. I also placed a request at the kaspersky support email-adress - no responding until today.

I`m running a brand new Win7 64bit System an use the latest network-drivers and the latest router-software.

Before I uninstalled KIS 2012 I searched at google an Kaspersky-Forums (German and English) for reasons of this problem and tried to solve it with these hints.
A few times deactivating and reactivating the network-connection worked, but only sporadic. All other hints didn`t work (KIS removal-tool, several network and routersettings etc.)

After uninstall KIS 2012, the internet-acess-symbol is always ok. (with AntiVir Antivirus and Windows Firewall)
After 2 weeks I (re-)installed KIS today (why pay for a software and don`t use it?!?) - same problem after reboot. KIS 2012 creates that internet error-icon on the network symbol.

After deactivating the autostart of KIS, the Internet-Error-Symbol did not appear. Then I activated KIS and the symbol is still ok. Seems that something is happening when starting windows, networt and KIS.

+Quote Post
pwm001
post 5.01.2012 19:27
Post #13

QUOTE(Chrisi-MUC @ 5.01.2012 06:09) *
Same problem here, internet-error Icon but internet access via router. I also placed a request at the kaspersky support email-adress - no responding until today.

I`m running a brand new Win7 64bit System an use the latest network-drivers and the latest router-software.

Before I uninstalled KIS 2012 I searched at google an Kaspersky-Forums (German and English) for reasons of this problem and tried to solve it with these hints.
A few times deactivating and reactivating the network-connection worked, but only sporadic. All other hints didn`t work (KIS removal-tool, several network and routersettings etc.)

After uninstall KIS 2012, the internet-acess-symbol is always ok. (with AntiVir Antivirus and Windows Firewall)
After 2 weeks I (re-)installed KIS today (why pay for a software and don`t use it?!?) - same problem after reboot. KIS 2012 creates that internet error-icon on the network symbol.

After deactivating the autostart of KIS, the Internet-Error-Symbol did not appear. Then I activated KIS and the symbol is still ok. Seems that something is happening when starting windows, networt and KIS.

We are not the only ones with this problem. Before coming here, I did a search and found others having the same issue. The yellow triangle is showing up because for some reason Microsoft is not getting a good result back when it checks for internet connectivity even though the connectivity is there. Kaspersky is blocking something, but we'll have to leave it up to them to fix. I hope to get this resolved soon, because it very annoying and I'm sure it's something fairly simple.

+Quote Post
pwm001
post 21.01.2012 01:29
Post #14

Have you heard anything on this? I contacted Support about a week ago and haven't heard anything. I think I will be sure and NOT recommend Kaspersky to anyone just because their tech support is horrible! Luckily my issue is not as important, but I did purchase the 3 copy version and all my machines have this annoying icon. Looks like it's back to McAfee for me. The only problem is I'm out the money I paid for Kaspersky, but I can't deal with this annoying icon anymore.

+Quote Post
NVaZN
post 6.02.2012 16:58
Post #15

Advanced Member I

Did you try the suggestion here?

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/ind...hp/t151558.html

+Quote Post
pwm001
post 6.02.2012 17:02
Post #16

QUOTE(NVaZN @ 6.02.2012 06:58) *

Yes I did. It did not work.

+Quote Post
IT-Guy
post 19.12.2012 21:02
Post #17

Adding the addresses to the WebAV trusted sites didn't work for me either. I found that pinging www.msftncsi.com from command line usually clears the exclamation mark on the icon. I seem to have been able to clear it permanently by adding http://www.msftncsi.com to the Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer. I've left the sites as trusted in WebAV as well. No idea why it's needed in IE, but it has worked on two machines, so far.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.07.2014 21:43