Is there any way to check if your internet is secure,

yorg

Hi my last malware attack was about november 4 2021, It was my first malware attack so i just thought i was a virus till i researched it and almost getting my gmails and facebook hacked, The one thing i didn’t do was unplug my wifi router, It’s been 1 month nothing really happening but im still paranoid I heard people with your ip, or router they can control your computer even tho that i scanned with kaspersky and theres no more viruses, Is there any easy way to check if your wifi connection etc is safe? Im only fourteen please reply to me the easy stuff that i can do for me to secure and make me less worry and live my life.

After a month and a year, And that trojan removal my network recently is slow, It might be just slow network but it might be someone aswell hacking my wifi i can’t decide for both. I just want to secure my network pls.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @yorg , 

To secure your network, we recommend to do the following: 

1. Reset your wi-fi router. Before resetting - make sure you have the original login/password at hands. Usually the below steps work for reset:
  • Keep your router plugged in.
  • Find your router's reset button. This will be on the back or the bottom of your router.
  • Use a paperclip to hold down the reset button for 30 seconds.
  • Release the button.
  • Wait for the router to power back on
  1. Change the login and password to access your router. 
  2. Change the password to access your wi-fi network.

Make sure to use strong passwords.

1. Configure Google DNS for network adaptor (if not already configured): 
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
  2. Reset network settings via the instruction:
    https://support.kaspersky.com/common/windows/12378 
  1. Change the password for Windows account

Hi, I don’t really know my password etc of my network, + my dad still believes i got a normal virus. And im just 14 i don’t know if i really can’t do those stuff. And i can’t convince my dad to do it

my dad still believes i got a normal virus. 

Hello @yorg

Thank you for posting back and the information!

1. Why does your dad think the computer has a virus? 
  2. Open Kaspersky application, select More Tools, select Reports, check for any virus events?
  3. Run a Full Scan → allow it to complete - if the scan reports - no problems, there is no virus.
  4. Is the Kaspersky Internet Security up to date, it should be version 21.3.10.391(g), on the Windows taskbar, or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  5. Or does the Kaspersky Internet Security main application window show the words: Recommendations or Notifications
  6. Does the Kaspersky Internet Security main application window show any yellow or red colours? 
  7. Open Kaspersky application, select Settings⚙, in the Protection menu → scroll down to Kaspersky Security Network, check & make sure it’s enabled?
  8. How to find the version

The version highlighted yellow

Recommendation highlighted yellow 

Red, shows a problem

KSN 

KSN enabled

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋