4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> my databases are obsolete and won't update
richbuff
post 30.04.2012 06:19
Post #21

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Right now, where you are, the date is April 29, correct? Approximately 9pm.

But, your current update report shows April 30, approximately 9pm. Why is the time on both your update report and on your GSI report show one day ahead? I thing it is because your tray clock or your bios clock are one day ahead.

Your first post: Your first post was not made on the 27th, your local time. Your first post was made on April 26, your local time.

Please find out what your local date/time is, then correct your system date/time.

You and your system are one day ahead, according to the information that is posted in in your first post, and in your current post.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grizzly37
post 1.05.2012 20:35
Post #22

Group: Members

Hi Richbuff
I am also having the same issue and followed the steps you said about to no avail, anyway i have run that report and attached to this email

cheers

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Kaspersky___database_obselete__.txt ( 51.02K ) Number of downloads: 5

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 2.05.2012 01:38
Post #23

Oldtimer

Welcome. Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.
And Settings > fourth icon (cardboard box) > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.

If still no go, attach the update report.
Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update, then lower left > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

The grey parts are done. Please do/confirm the black parts. smile.gif

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
as120110
post 6.05.2012 09:52
Post #24

I have the same problem.

I cannot update the application and the database. It had happened before but after two weeks past suddenly, without tinkering the setting, the update process run smoothly, but now it happens again.
I attach the error message. I already follow the instructions given here but to no avail.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  AntivirusUpdateError.txt ( 39.06K ) Number of downloads: 5

+Quote Post
neolodge
post 6.05.2012 11:16
Post #25

I have the same problem too.

I have updated the software to 2012 and tried updating the software again, but it gets stuck at 71%. I have done all the steps that you recommended but the result is the same. I have attached the detailed report.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Detailed_Report_6th_May_2012.zip ( 24.33K ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.05.2012 11:40
Post #26

Oldtimer

QUOTE(as120110)
I have the same problem.
Welcome. Databases are corrupted. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

QUOTE(neolodge)
I have the same problem too.
Welcome. Network operation timed out. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
neolodge
post 6.05.2012 12:48
Post #27

hi richblufff, thanx for the prompt reply. I am attaching the getsysteminfo link for your analysis. I have also attached the zip file. Thanx for ur help.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...d40631fff417582

This post has been edited by neolodge: 6.05.2012 13:04
Attached File(s)
Attached File  GetSystemInfo_NEO_Admin_2012_05_06_14_13_16.zip ( 145.6K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.05.2012 13:21
Post #28

Oldtimer

You're welcome. Revert to the default host file: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Do a checkdisk, check both boxes, instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...disk-for-errors

Any better?

--------------------

+Quote Post
as120110
post 6.05.2012 14:25
Post #29

QUOTE(richbuff @ 6.05.2012 14:40) *
Welcome. Databases are corrupted. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Welcome. Network operation timed out. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

This is my report link: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...371bb0a00a4c20b.
Hopefully, this will help my problem. Thanks.

+Quote Post
neolodge
post 6.05.2012 14:45
Post #30

hi richbluff, i have kept my pc for scanning as you suggested. I wanted to explain the setup that i am using. I have an internet connection (cable) which is connected to a router and 2 desktop PC's (both running Win XP) are connected through the router and one laptop (running Win 7) is connected through wifi. All 3 PCs have kaspersky Internet Security 2012. I have not been able to update the databases on all 3 Pcs and it gets stuck at different percentages. But last night when i took my laptop home i was able to update the database there. At home i have a desktop (running Win 7) which is connected through the router and my laptop on wifi. The internet connection is the same(cable). I dont seem to understand why this is happening. Can u please help me out.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 7.05.2012 02:16
Post #31

Oldtimer

QUOTE(as120110)
This is my report link...
You have too many anti-viruses installed. One is the correct number of anti-viruses installed per PC in this quadrant of the universe, and there are cryptic inscriptions on a shard of metal unearthed in Roswell, NM, that indicate that this is true in the other quadrants of the universe, too. Please uninstall Avast and RUBotted > reboot. Please disable Windows Defender, too.

QUOTE(neolodge)
hi richbluff, i have kept my pc for scanning as you suggested. ...
Any better after you followed all of the instructions that I posted for you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
neolodge
post 7.05.2012 10:14
Post #32

no, its the same. The update gets stuck at 71% in one pc and 43% in the other.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 7.05.2012 10:43
Post #33

Oldtimer

Please inform Tech Support of this issue: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------

+Quote Post
as120110
post 8.05.2012 20:12
Post #34

QUOTE(richbuff @ 7.05.2012 05:16) *
You have too many anti-viruses installed. One is the correct number of anti-viruses installed per PC in this quadrant of the universe, and there are cryptic inscriptions on a shard of metal unearthed in Roswell, NM, that indicate that this is true in the other quadrants of the universe, too. Please uninstall Avast and RUBotted > reboot. Please disable Windows Defender, too.
Any better after you followed all of the instructions that I posted for you?

I just installed Avast last Sunday as a second antivirus though with limited function according to Avast message while installing the software. The reason for the second antivirus is because this Kaspersky update problem, I need a backup protection until the update problem is solved. As for RUBotted I already installed it before I installed Kaspersky antivirus and it has no problem updating even though RUBotted is present.

As you suggest, I uninstalled the Avast and RUBotted and disabled Windows Defender, Tor Connection, but I still cannot update the application and the database.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 9.05.2012 03:38
Post #35

Oldtimer

Databases are corrupted.

If you uninstalled Avast and RUBotted and disabled Windows Defender, Tor Connection, then please un and re install Kaspersky: Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > re install Kaspersky > reboot > do a databases update > reboot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
as120110
post 11.05.2012 18:43
Post #36

QUOTE(richbuff @ 9.05.2012 06:38) *
Databases are corrupted.

If you uninstalled Avast and RUBotted and disabled Windows Defender, Tor Connection, then please un and re install Kaspersky: Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > re install Kaspersky > reboot > do a databases update > reboot.

Finally, the database is up-to-date after I followed your instruction. Hopefully, this problem doesn't occur again.
One final question, can I enable Windows Defender and reinstall RUBotted?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 12.05.2012 02:18
Post #37

Oldtimer

No. smile.gif

No. smile.gif

Windows Defender needs to be disabled when Kaspersky is installed, to avoid a wide variety of conflict-type issues.

--------------------

+Quote Post
as120110
post 12.05.2012 20:18
Post #38

QUOTE(richbuff @ 12.05.2012 05:18) *
No. smile.gif

No. smile.gif

Windows Defender needs to be disabled when Kaspersky is installed, to avoid a wide variety of conflict-type issues.

Ok, thank you for your help.

+Quote Post
neolodge
post 14.05.2012 12:48
Post #39

Hi richbluff, tried contacting the kaspersky team as well and they suggested a lot of methods and even took my pc on team viewer but i still havent been able to update the databases. Its been almost 2 weeks but no solution has been found. Cud there be some problem with the internet connection, which maybe blocking the databases from being updated. Can u help me out with any solutions to this problem?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 14.05.2012 13:01
Post #40

Oldtimer

and they suggested a lot of methods and even took my pc on team viewer...
As you can see, Tech Support has a lot more tools than I do to diagnose and solve the issue. Beyond posting new gsi and update logs, and suggesting that you contact your internet service provider, there is nothing more I can do above and beyond what Tech Support is doing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20.04.2014 17:20