IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If TDSSKiller won't run (blocked by SST rootkit) Part 2, Browsers redirected ad nauseum
navaho
post 4.12.2011 07:45
Post #1

Group: Members

Despite following the advice of numerous contributors and using Malewarebytes, Spybot, Eset, Superantispyware etc. etc. I was totally frustrated trying to get rid of whatever was making my web browsers be constantly redirected to nonsensical sites... Tried downloading TDSSKiller but it would not run - came to this forum when I googled the issue - tried to download both zip files for this program as neither would run - tried extracting it to the D drive etc. - - no luck. FINALLY copied the zip file to a memory stick, extracted it there and renamed it (foolem) and then ran it - SUCCESSFULLY.
Many thanks to the folks at Kapersky for sharing this solution - if downloading and running this program does not work for you try my method.
Too bad the morons who create this type of malware (redirectors etc.) could not do something positive with their talents!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eVerest
post 4.12.2011 17:20
Post #2

Advanced Member I

Too bad the morons who create this type of malware (redirectors etc.) could not do something positive with their talents!

"Nothing personal - just business". This phrase just clearly describes what they're doing.

This post has been edited by eVerest: 4.12.2011 17:21

--------------------

http://virusinfo.info/
--------------------------------------------
Nerimash at VirusInfo.Info

+Quote Post
kerrithking
post 1.12.2012 23:48
Post #3

QUOTE(navaho @ 4.12.2011 06:45) *
Despite following the advice of numerous contributors and using Malewarebytes, Spybot, Eset, Superantispyware etc. etc. I was totally frustrated trying to get rid of whatever was making my web browsers be constantly redirected to nonsensical sites... Tried downloading TDSSKiller but it would not run - came to this forum when I googled the issue - tried to download both zip files for this program as neither would run - tried extracting it to the D drive etc. - - no luck. FINALLY copied the zip file to a memory stick, extracted it there and renamed it (foolem) and then ran it - SUCCESSFULLY.
Many thanks to the folks at Kapersky for sharing this solution - if downloading and running this program does not work for you try my method.

FINALLY a solution that worked!!! I had the identical situation you described and tried all of the same things. I even went out and bought a replacement hard drive for my laptop assuming this wasn't fixable. Decided to give the virus removal one more shot.

Thanks "navaho"!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.04.2014 23:20