Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> *MGR.exe Virus. Cannot Delete, What is this virus. PLz help
post 1.11.2011 10:41
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello Everyone

I am having a serious problem with a virus. I have attached a few screenshots. Whatever exe file I execute,another exe file gets created with mgr added to it in same folder.
Eg: If I run winrar.exe, winrarmgr.exe gets created in same folder where its installed. If I run Wmplayer.exe(windows media player), wmplayermgr.exe gets created. kaspersky Internet Suite 2011 detects it but cannot delete it.
If I delete it manually either in safe mode or normal, it gets created once again when I run the .exe again. This happens for almost all exe files including explorer.exe. These MGR.exe files dont run in task manager,but i know its a virus. I have formatted My XP SP-3 3 times, gone back to SP-2 but still dont know where its coming from. And sometimes Iexplore.exe runs 2 processes in Task manager. PLZ PLZ HELP unsure.gif dash2.gif

Thanks In Advance

This post has been edited by kools: 1.11.2011 10:46
Attached File(s)
Attached File  aa.JPG ( 15,02K ) Number of downloads: 11
Attached File  aa1.JPG ( 15,24K ) Number of downloads: 12
Attached File  1.JPG ( 68,36K ) Number of downloads: 7
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post 1.11.2011 10:45
Post #2

Group: Global moderators

Welcome. Please activate Kaspersky, then update databases, then post the screenshots again.

Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1.12.2015 18:39