IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> it is recommended to disable the driver AhnLab Network Filter Driver AMonTDLH.sys, Updating KIS2011 to KIS 2012
Javert
post 22.10.2011 14:02
Post #1

Group: Members

I currently have KIS 2011 and downloaded KIS 2012 to update. I then ran a check about anything on my system which might cause a problem.

I got the following message: “In order to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 correctly, it is recommended to disable the driver AhnLab Network Filter Driver AMonTDLH.sys.”

As a computer user who is non-technical - this means nothing to me. I cannot find any info. on your Help pages. Please can you advise me - or tell me where I can get assistance, if this is something that I can tackle - and if so, where do I start?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TOGS
post 22.10.2011 20:17
Post #2

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(Javert @ 22.10.2011 13:02) *
I currently have KIS 2011 and downloaded KIS 2012 to update. I then ran a check about anything on my system which might cause a problem.

I got the following message: “In order to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 correctly, it is recommended to disable the driver AhnLab Network Filter Driver AMonTDLH.sys.”

As a computer user who is non-technical - this means nothing to me. I cannot find any info. on your Help pages. Please can you advise me - or tell me where I can get assistance, if this is something that I can tackle - and if so, where do I start?

Hello......What this means is there is a driver belonging to AhnLab security running and you have to stop it running.

You haven't said what OS your using...so here's the three of them....You can tackle this.. unsure.gif

XP...Start...run ...type in..devmgmt.msc and click ok...then click on view ...then on show hidden devices.

You will now see non-plug and play drivers....click to expand it and locate AMonTDLH.sys....r/click and then disable.

You may be asked to restart...do so.....do not uninstall it

Vista ....Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌.....then follow xp procedure.

Win7...Go to control panel and click on device manager and once again follow the xp procedure starting with view

+Quote Post
Javert
post 22.10.2011 21:37
Post #3

Firstly can I apologise for not having shown my OS (its Windows 7!), but I tend to think everyone has the same OS as me - doh!

I followed your excellent instructions - clicked on Hidden Devices, expanded it - but - unfortunately, the AMonTDLH.sys - wasn’t shown in the list. I double-checked it to make sure - but no luck. There were only two starting with A - amdkmdag & Ancillary Function Driver.

But thank you for your help.

John

+Quote Post
TOGS
post 22.10.2011 22:50
Post #4

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(Javert @ 22.10.2011 20:37) *
Firstly can I apologise for not having shown my OS (its Windows 7!), but I tend to think everyone has the same OS as me - doh!

I followed your excellent instructions - clicked on Hidden Devices, expanded it - but - unfortunately, the AMonTDLH.sys - wasn’t shown in the list. I double-checked it to make sure - but no luck. There were only two starting with A - amdkmdag & Ancillary Function Driver.

But thank you for your help.

John

Hi again....No need to apologise ...i should have used the crystal ball b_lol1.gif
Well you are looking in the right place as far as i know and if its not there maybe there is a chance Kaspersky uninstalled it.

Reading your OP again you have said....

Some of AhnLab security Kaspersky ask you to manually delete(which they haven't done imo)and some of it they delete themselves....well thats what it says in this link below.....its in 2 parts...deleted automatically by K and what they ask to be deleted manually and AhnLab security is in both lists
So is there a chance its gone as they could have been informing you that ....i'm clutching at straw here!

http://support.kaspersky.com/kav2012/insta...p;qid=208284358

Is Kaspersky actually installed or it won't install? Also you could do a GSI and someone can see if its still there or not.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915

+Quote Post
Javert
post 23.10.2011 10:28
Post #5

You didn’t consult the Crystal Ball? Sadly, too many people are depending on technology - and ignoring the Old Ways!

Thanks for your reply - as a result of your second post, I decided to make an executive decision - based on the premise that the “problem” was no longer there. I installed KIS2012 and am delighted to report that it went without a hitch!

Thanks you so much for your help with this - much appreciated.
John

+Quote Post
TOGS
post 23.10.2011 13:37
Post #6

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(Javert @ 23.10.2011 09:28) *
You didn’t consult the Crystal Ball? Sadly, too many people are depending on technology - and ignoring the Old Ways!

Thanks for your reply - as a result of your second post, I decided to make an executive decision - based on the premise that the “problem” was no longer there. I installed KIS2012 and am delighted to report that it went without a hitch!

Thanks you so much for your help with this - much appreciated.
John

Hi again....Oh nice one...an executive decision that paid dividends instantly....what more can one ask. supercool.gif

I have also made one..... to keep the crystal ball on standby for any future posts you make. b_lol1.gif

+Quote Post
Richardvo
post 26.04.2014 13:15
Post #7

Hi there,

At first I had the same issue. It would say I couldn't install because I had to disable the driver AhnLab Network Filter. I stumbled on this post and used the process described above and couldn't locate the driver.

I then went to the other posts and ran the GSI tool and received the following result:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...a55af3a1f94ecfb

Tried analysing the result but really didn't know what I was looking for.

Have tried to install on several occassions, just won't seem to progress for me.

Any ideas?

Regards

Richard

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 26.04.2014 13:30
Post #8

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Let's take a look at another log. Maybe the offending item can be spotted there. Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30.10.2014 16:15