IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Delete "suspicious" files from computer after "copied to quarantine"
k-at-k
post 4.10.2011 04:07
Post #1

Group: Members

Kaspersky TDSSKiller 2.5.22.0 found two “suspicious files” classified as “Forged Files” : namely, "C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\igxpmp32.sys" and "C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\NETw5x32.sys". I "COPIED TO QUARANTINE" the 2 objects, according to the instructions in Article 5353 ("Handling Instructions for suspicious objects") posted at "http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208283366" until I could find out if these were malware files or not. The instructions said that one could use the DELETE option at a later time. THE INSTRUCTIONS DID NOT SAY THAT THE SCANNER WINDOW HAD TO BE KEPT OPEN IN ORDER TO UTILIZE THE DELETE OPTION AT A LATER TIME.

References that I consulted identified them as malware. I now want to DELETE these objects. But the only apparently relevant files in the default QUARANTINE FOLDER which TDSSKiller created on my computer are "DTA" files which Windows XP cannot open. I cannot find relevant information about DTA files when I do a search on the internet. In fact, I do not even know if these files in the TDSSK folder should be opened, or even what exactly they are !!! When I scan again with TDSSKiller, the scanner does not find these two files (nor any other suspicious or malware files). These 2 files are still listed when I manually look in the folder C:\windows\system32\DRIVERS.

How do I permanently delete these 2 files ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20.04.2014 12:14