Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rescue CD for Mac
claus1976
post 3.10.2011 21:48
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello everybody,

I want to do a full scan of my Macintosh without running OS X. I've already a license of your av software for the mac. Is there a possibility to build a rescue cd with your Kaspersky for Mac? If i use your downloadable rescue disk , i can start the mac but there are no file volumes of my mac found. Seems to me that you don't include the module for the HFS-Filesystem. With the rescue cd of your competitor AVIRA i can easily scan my Mac.
Are you planning a rescue cd support for Mac or am I forced to use the AVIRA system further on?

Thanks in advance for any response

Claus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vartan Minasyan
post 4.10.2011 18:58
Post #2

Advanced Member II

Group: Members

QUOTE(claus1976 @ 3.10.2011 21:48) *
Hello everybody,

I want to do a full scan of my Macintosh without running OS X. I've already a license of your av software for the mac. Is there a possibility to build a rescue cd with your Kaspersky for Mac? If i use your downloadable rescue disk , i can start the mac but there are no file volumes of my mac found. Seems to me that you don't include the module for the HFS-Filesystem. With the rescue cd of your competitor AVIRA i can easily scan my Mac.
Are you planning a rescue cd support for Mac or am I forced to use the AVIRA system further on?

Thanks in advance for any response

Claus

Hello Claus, thank you for the suggestion.

The usage of Rescue CD makes sence in case there's a active infection on the system and installed AV cannot be used to fix it. We have not detected such malware on the Mac OS yet, so Rescue CD is not priority for us. In other words, we will consider it for the future versions in case we'll have anough business justification by means of real benefit for majority for our users. In the meanwhile, we will prefer to improve the product itself to improve its detection capabilities even further to make use of Rescue CD mostly unnecessary. :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18.04.2014 10:10