Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remove Trial Anti-Virus?, Trend-Micro and KAV
sandellie4
post 14.08.2011 02:10
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

I have a new ASUS laptop and want to use the KIS 2011 that I am already using with my other computers. I didn't realize Trend-Micro was already on the laptop because the sales person said I could pick a trial antivirus program, so I chose KAV, since I know how to take that off my laptop. But when I got the laptop up and running Trend-Micro was already on there. So, I followed the sticky and uninstalled using the uninstall program feature, restarted, and then downloaded the Trend-Micro removal tool. I chose yes when it asked for permission and then restarted as directed. Then on my desktop is a folder that is labeled "64bit." Inside, is tons of stuff, lots of them labeled "Application." I chose TSRemove but when I clicked on it, I received a mssg that said this program may not have installed correctly. But I'm trying to uninstall this program. I selected that the program had installed correctly, but now I don't know if Trend-Micro has been removed by the tool or not. I never got any more messages. Do I need to uninstall the uninstall program and try again? And how do I do that?

Also, the box the KAV came in says on the front, "Activated at purchase. Install immediately." Since I haven't opened the box, a trial version of KAV doesn't need to be removed, right? When it was "activated," it just means that I can load it on if I want to?

Sandy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sandellie4
post 14.08.2011 02:52
Post #2

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(sandellie4 @ 14.08.2011 01:10) *
I have a new ASUS laptop and want to use the KIS 2011 that I am already using with my other computers. I didn't realize Trend-Micro was already on the laptop because the sales person said I could pick a trial antivirus program, so I chose KAV, since I know how to take that off my laptop. But when I got the laptop up and running Trend-Micro was already on there. So, I followed the sticky and uninstalled using the uninstall program feature, restarted, and then downloaded the Trend-Micro removal tool. I chose yes when it asked for permission and then restarted as directed. Then on my desktop is a folder that is labeled "64bit." Inside, is tons of stuff, lots of them labeled "Application." I chose TSRemove but when I clicked on it, I received a mssg that said this program may not have installed correctly. But I'm trying to uninstall this program. I selected that the program had installed correctly, but now I don't know if Trend-Micro has been removed by the tool or not. I never got any more messages. Do I need to uninstall the uninstall program and try again? And how do I do that?

Also, the box the KAV came in says on the front, "Activated at purchase. Install immediately." Since I haven't opened the box, a trial version of KAV doesn't need to be removed, right? When it was "activated," it just means that I can load it on if I want to?

Sandy

Oops, forgot to add this: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...fab120d65a73534

+Quote Post
wiskas
post 14.08.2011 03:20
Post #3

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(sandellie4 @ 14.08.2011 08:52) *

Your system is clean. You are okay to install.

The "activated at purchase" worries me. It means that the year (or whatever) of your license is already counting down. You should install ASAP and take advantage of the days you have left.

--------------------
Have you:
__________Read the IMPORTANT topics at the top of this forum?
__________Posted a GSI link so we can help you? <- Click on this to see how.

+Quote Post
sandellie4
post 14.08.2011 03:25
Post #4

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(wiskas @ 14.08.2011 02:20) *
Your system is clean. You are okay to install.

The "activated at purchase" worries me. It means that the year (or whatever) of your license is already counting down. You should install ASAP and take advantage of the days you have left.

Will do -- and thank you.

Sandy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.08.2014 23:58