IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Activation problem: Key file is not suitable for this application
Donnie
post 18.07.2011 07:31
Post #1

Group: Members

My KIS 7 code has been working fine with KIS 2011. Just uninstalled KIS 2011 and installed KIS 2012. Tried to activate my KIS 7 code (it still has 6-month life) and got an error "Key file is not suitable for this application".
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 18.07.2011 07:37
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Your best bet is to contact Tech Support for this issue. In addition, it may have to wait until version 2012 is officially released in your region, which may be later this summer-ish, depending on your region.
Tech Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 18.07.2011 12:58
Post #3

ICT Consultant

Group: Gold beta testers

my advice would be to reinstall 2011 and in 6 months time when you are due for renewal consider purchasing an upgrade license to 2012. Only people with licenses for 2009 (version 8) and above can upgrade for free to 2012 according to what this KB article says:

http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/buy?qid=208284342

However, you can try technical support as richbuff says when 2012 is released in your region but I reckon the answer will be the same as my post.

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post
sanctioned
post 18.07.2011 13:01
Post #4

Same problem here, ANZ region. Funny thing, there is still a d/l link for KIS2009 on kasperskyanz.com.au even though its discontinued!

+Quote Post
Jarviser
post 19.12.2011 23:54
Post #5

Can't believe this is still a problem after six months. Got my key yesterday from Barclays Bank (UK) free KIS offer. Uninstalled AVG free.
Key is "not suitable for this application" then suggests checking the box (!) for product type. All KIS FAQ help screens are for 2011. Barclays say the key IS suitable. Well it isn't. KIS Tech Help not replied to my request. I would try the 2011 version but it is unobtainable. So I am in limbo for 30 days trial then I am back to AVG.

Worries me that this thing has hooks into my system...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Capture4.jpg ( 151K ) Number of downloads: 10

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 20.12.2011 00:30
Post #6

Forum Elite

Excuse me for asking but are you sure the code if for KIS and not for KAV?

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2014

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
Jarviser
post 20.12.2011 03:12
Post #7

QUOTE(rudger79 @ 19.12.2011 20:30) *
Excuse me for asking but are you sure the code if for KIS and not for KAV?

In theory yes. The email I got back said...
"Thank you for applying for free Kaspersky Internet Security software. Your membership details have now been confirmed with Barclays.
Your activation code is: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
If you haven't already downloaded and installed the software, do it now by following this link.
https://activation.kaspersky.com/en/barclay...get_code?done=1
Once you have installed it, you can enter your Activation Code when it asks you (we suggest you copy and paste it - it's much easier)."

Did all that, didn't lke it. My guess is dome dude updated the KIS product link but not the key generator.

This post has been edited by Jarviser: 20.12.2011 03:13

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 20.12.2011 03:25
Post #8

ICT Consultant

QUOTE(Jarviser @ 19.12.2011 23:12) *
In theory yes. The email I got back said...
"Thank you for applying for free Kaspersky Internet Security software. Your membership details have now been confirmed with Barclays.
Your activation code is: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
If you haven't already downloaded and installed the software, do it now by following this link.
https://activation.kaspersky.com/en/barclay...get_code?done=1
Once you have installed it, you can enter your Activation Code when it asks you (we suggest you copy and paste it - it's much easier)."

Did all that, didn't lke it. My guess is dome dude updated the KIS product link but not the key generator.

install KIS and activate it in trial mode. Then download all available updates from within the program using the built in updater. when it has finished, reboot the pc. then try entering the Barclays code again. If still no go, contact technical support as they are the only ones that can help with further activation code problems.

This post has been edited by antikythera: 20.12.2011 03:26

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post
Jarviser
post 20.12.2011 14:00
Post #9

QUOTE(antikythera @ 19.12.2011 23:25) *
install KIS and activate it in trial mode. Then download all available updates from within the program using the built in updater. when it has finished, reboot the pc. then try entering the Barclays code again. If still no go, contact technical support as they are the only ones that can help with further activation code problems.

Thanks. Still no go. I'll try Support again.

+Quote Post
Jarviser
post 20.12.2011 15:11
Post #10

QUOTE(Jarviser @ 20.12.2011 10:00) *
Thanks. Still no go. I'll try Support again.

OK problem solved. Had to call Barclays as the "Retailer" . Took some time understanding each other with call centre half way round the world, but we got there.

As my old KIS ran out some time ago I hit the "Apply" button in my Barclays screen. Should have hit "Renew". It seems "Apply" re-sent me my old code for the expired 2011 product. Sounds the wrong way round to me.

Why, I wonder, did the system not send the new key whichever button I pressed?

Anyhoo, at least I now have the right key.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29.07.2014 18:44