Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> 'Fix it now' button not working
ddexter
post 24.05.2011 11:19
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi,

I am using Kaspersky 2011 (up to date). Recently i got a warning for a virus. I clicked 'fix it now' button. After doing the necessary action kaspersky abruptly rebooted the computer. Even after that i am getting a 'your computer is at risk' warning. When i click 'fix it now', nothing happens. Even 'neutralize all' and 'disinfect all' options are not working. Please help! I have attached screenshots of the problem.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  fix_it_now.jpg ( 29,35K ) Number of downloads: 9
Attached File  detected_threats.PNG ( 112,44K ) Number of downloads: 11
Attached File  protection_state.PNG ( 94,29K ) Number of downloads: 10

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 24.05.2011 11:31
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Welcome. Screenshot #2: Widen the Object column, please, so we can see what we need to see.

Please post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats.
With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
ddexter
post 24.05.2011 17:08
Post #3

Thanks for the response. Here is the expanded screenshot. I have cut out the user name for privacy reasons.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Capture2.png ( 117,92K ) Number of downloads: 10

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 25.05.2011 03:20
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

You're welcome. Pdm.keylogger Kernel mode memory patch: That is a legal, safe system file. Please right click that detection and Add to exclusions.

Zotero detection: check with the zotero.org website to see that you have the most current version of the zotero plugin.

All of the other detections are for pdm.rootshell. That is a behavioral detection. Pdm.rootshell detection is ok if the item is known to be safe and from the official source. If so, you can right click the pdm.rootshell detections and Add to exclusions.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
ddexter
post 25.05.2011 09:38
Post #5

Thanks for the help. I have added them to the list of exclusions. That is the only thing i can do.

I am somewhat disappointed with kaspersky. If the only option it leaves me is to exclude those stuff, then why does it keep troubling me saying that my computer is at risk. Anyway it is not able to delete or quarantine the files. I find no sense in these actions. A waste of my time!

Also, trying to 'fix' a single virus led to this problem and an abrupt reboot of my computer (without my permission). I don't know what more surprises kaspersky is going to spring at me.

Anyway you people responded pretty quickly. That's a consolation. I did not have any issues with kaspersky last year. But if it goes on like this, then i might reconsider buying kaspersky next time.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28.11.2014 20:58