IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> kaspersky internet security 2011 rescue disk database obsolute, Not able to update the database in rescue disk
Amaravadi
post 19.04.2011 13:31
Post #1

Group: Members

I am having problem with updating the databases in rescue disk. I am using 10/100 3COM Ethernet Network Card for internet connection and it is working fine. But when i use rescue disk and try to browse using the Internet Explorer (linux based) provided by rescue disk i am not getting connected. Is this the reason for not getting updates to database? if yes, please suggest what steps/ measure i need to take for internet connection. Hope rescue disk have all the required drivers for Ethernet card for internet connection.
Advance Thanks for your support. -Venu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 19.04.2011 14:51
Post #2

ICT Consultant

Group: Gold beta testers

please use the rescue disk creation wizard inside KIS 2011 to download the latest databases to the disk image before burning a fresh one.

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post
Amaravadi
post 19.04.2011 15:27
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(antikythera @ 19.04.2011 13:51) *
please use the rescue disk creation wizard inside KIS 2011 to download the latest databases to the disk image before burning a fresh one.

Thanks for Response.
I am using the rescue disk as bootable disk. My system is infected with virus and not able to run exe files and infact the Task Manager is disabled. By downloading the latest databases as mentioned above will that be available through bootable CD mode? What i understand is when i use KIS 2011 cd as bootable, it is installing linux OS. Will that downloaded latest databases will be available in linux mode?

This post has been edited by Amaravadi: 19.04.2011 15:28

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 19.04.2011 15:48
Post #4

ICT Consultant

unfortunately not because afaik you can't integrate them manually from the linux environment. you will need to download them from the internet in that case but it sounds like your computer's network adaptor is not fully supported via automatic configuration. please go on the rescue disk section of the forum for further help with this. someone may know how to assign manual settings for the network adaptor and get you up and running properly.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=159

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post
Abbath Doom
post 20.04.2011 05:53
Post #5

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(Amaravadi @ 19.04.2011 06:27) *
Thanks for Response.
I am using the rescue disk as bootable disk. My system is infected with virus and not able to run exe files and infact the Task Manager is disabled.

Use a 3rd party app to access the registry, run it as Admin, your problem can be in this key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CLASSE S\exefile\shell\open\command] @="\"%1\" %*"

Please check it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.04.2011 06:08
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators
From: currently: falling out of a kayak in the middle of the Mediterranean, near Kekova Island, Turkey

In addition to what antikythera and Abbath Doom instructed in the posts above,

Logs can be a big help. Please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=84003 and post the GSI report link and attach the avz .zip.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20.09.2014 20:00