IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Firefox 4.0 Kaspersky add ons incompatible, Firefox 4 is now final, but Kaspersky add ons still incompatible!
gaz666
post 21.03.2011 16:23
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

Firefox 4.0 is now final and I have just installed this from their ftp server today. It's disappointing to see that none of the Kaspersky extensions are compatible and wonder how long before these are updated -thanks?

--------------------
KIS 2014 14.0.0.4651 (e)
Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7601) X64
Firefox 24.3 ESR
Internet Explorer 9.0.24
Microsoft Office 2010 X64 (version 14.0.7113.5005)
Intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz Quad Processor (O/C'd to 4.3ghz)
16 GB Ram
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 21.03.2011 16:36
Post #2

Professional

Group: Moderators

Perhaps in version 2012, but question remains do you really need those? As you are already protected without shiny toolbar buttons.
At any rate request new features and modifications via HelpDesk support ticket.

This post has been edited by Whizard: 21.03.2011 16:37

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 21.03.2011 17:59
Post #3

ICT Consultant

Group: Gold beta testers

Web antivirus, and all the other protection components still work when using firefox 4.

Firefox 4 also works in safe run for applications and safe run for websites. so it is not entirely useless.

the virtual keyboard does too. you just have to load it a different way (via the taskbar tray icon) because there is no shortcut icon in the browser itself at the moment.

Antibanner is just an additional handy tool which is infact disabled by default and not part of the main security aspect of the program. It will be updated by Kaspersky at some point but I would think it is not high on their list of priorities to sort out for the 2011 range. It doesn't impact on the main operation of the program or leave your machine vulnerable to malware not using antibanner.

Official release date for Firefox 4 is 22nd March 2011 but that doesn't mean Kaspersky or any other vendor has to provide full plugin support from midnight tonight or sooner.

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post
3x0gR13N
post 21.03.2011 18:48
Post #4

Kaspersky Fan III

The FF anti banner extension merely provides an easy way of adding banners to blacklist from FF context menu; Anti-banner works @ traffic level and thus blocking of banners doesn't depend on plugins.

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 21.03.2011 20:55
Post #5

Professional

All feature requests go to Tech Support. They more they hear about it the faster it will be implemented.

--------------------
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
3x0gR13N
post 22.03.2011 00:04
Post #6

Kaspersky Fan III

QUOTE(Arctucas @ 21.03.2011 20:17) *
So, those 'features' are merely bloatware?

What about Whizard's post #8, does that not suggest otherwise?

I was talking about protection in particular. The protection is already in the main application, addons are there just for conveniences (visual confirmation that a site is known to be bad (regardless of that, bad sites are blocked), faster way of adding banners to blacklist (via FF context menu) and a shortcut to the Virtual keyboard etc.).
If you want those conveniences, by all means contact support as Wizard already said in his posts, but without the spam you mentioned in your previous post. smile.gif
Protection wise, you're just fine.

This post has been edited by 3x0gR13N: 22.03.2011 00:06

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 22.03.2011 22:56
Post #7

Professional

Yeah, but by the same token you bought an antivirus protection (not plugins for Firefox) and I assure its more than adequate for your computing needs. Its when people start to pick-up the feature set apart, things start to get complicated. The plugins always remain a secodary consideration because most improvements happen "under the hood" or in "the cloud". The developers of Kaspersky Labs had done a significant number improvements in those areas making the product transperant for the end user. And sometimes living on the bleeding edge of technology is hard and you have to get used to it. Afterall, nobody is forcing you to perform the upgrade the browser the day it is out. Can this be done? Without a doubt it can be! Answer here is priorities.

This post has been edited by Whizard: 22.03.2011 22:59

--------------------
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 30.03.2011 10:15
Post #8

Oldtimer

Tech Article has been posted, please see: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208284261

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Danila Tyurin
post 5.04.2011 10:07
Post #9

Consumer Products Expert

Group: Admin

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=204532

+Quote Post
yohanrw
post 26.05.2011 10:04
Post #10

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

Hi,

Kaspersky URL adviser is disabled in Firefox 4.01 because that is not supporting to the latest version of FF. Its been some time now that the FF 4.0 has introduced, but still we can't use the URL scanner because the pluggin is not supported. When is the KIS development team going to solve this problem? Since KIS is the Antivirus I ever trust, I need a quick solution.

Apart from that , I know that URL scanner displays a red dot in google if there is a malicious site, but it has missed lots of malicious sites, and I guess they have very few in their database. I would like to ask the KIS team to put more attention on finding malicious sites. I use WOT, so I find bunches of bad sites while googling.

Please help.

Anyway, KIS is the best ay.gif That is the Greatest!

This post has been edited by yohanrw: 26.05.2011 10:06

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 26.05.2011 10:34
Post #11

Oldtimer

I see that you created a New Topic for this issue, even though we have an Important topic, buried out of sight with the other Important topics, and even though we also have an already pre-existing topic, hopelessly buried on page two, but not any more. That one should be easy to find, because I merged your triplicate new topic with it, thus bumping it up from the subabysmal Stygian depths of page two, to the tippy-top of the forum.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.04.2014 12:10