IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Firefox cant establish connection to server at google, merged with same.
ClumsyClarence
post 4.03.2011 14:09
Post #1

Group: Validating

Hi, seemingly suddenly I can no longer open a google page on my netbook via Firefox (or IE), have Kaspersky on Netbook.
I can open a live web page eg bbc.co.uk and can open pages within that site but when I try to open google page I get a message saying "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com (and www.google.co.uk

Please can anyone help? Ihave tried removing and reinstalling Firfox to no avail and now wonder if it is a setting in Paspersky?

Any ideas anyone please?? I'm stumped (doesn't take much!)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 4.03.2011 14:47
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Please create gsi sysinfo text and post link to GSI Report which will provide a wee tiny smidgen of information about your Kaspersky product and operating system and which also
may identify issue area, instructions see the sixth Important topic.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
ClumsyClarence
post 4.03.2011 14:52
Post #3

Hi, previous post not very explanatory.

I have uninstalled Mozilla Firefox and all of its program files then reinstalled it and still can't open a google page though Firefox or even IE. I get a message "Firefox unable to establish a connexction to the server at www.google.com (same with google.co.uk)
I have no proxy server (that I am aware of!)

Can anyone help me please?
I have Kaspersky anti virus on my netbook.
Thank you.

+Quote Post
ClumsyClarence
post 4.03.2011 14:58
Post #4

QUOTE(richbuff @ 4.03.2011 10:47) *
Please create gsi sysinfo text and post link to GSI Report which will provide a wee tiny smidgen of information about your Kaspersky product and operating system and which also
may identify issue area, instructions see the sixth Important topic.

Sorry - I really dont understand what I am to do. I went to GetSystemsInfo then not sure. Can you tell me anything more please?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 4.03.2011 15:01
Post #5

Are You Kidding?

No need to apologize, of course. smile.gif

1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool
2. Unzip, run getsysteminfo.exe. Choose where you wish to save the text file, the desktop is the easy choice.
3. Click here to upload your GetSystemInfo log.
4. Now add the link to the log you have just made in your post.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
ClumsyClarence
post 4.03.2011 15:16
Post #6

QUOTE(richbuff @ 4.03.2011 11:01) *
No need to apologize, of course. smile.gif

1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool
2. Unzip, run getsysteminfo.exe. Choose where you wish to save the text file, the desktop is the easy choice.
3. Click here to upload your GetSystemInfo log.
4. Now add the link to the log you have just made in your post.

is this is it?
Sorry but I am doing this on my PC and the problem is on my netbook
Attached File(s)
Attached File  GetSystemInfo_SN049743820173_jill_2011_03_04_11_07_31.zip ( 188,82K ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 4.03.2011 15:25
Post #7

Are You Kidding?

Then we need to have GSI ran on the netbook. smile.gif

If my toe hurts and I have my brain x-rayed, then the x-ray results will not show what is wrong with my toe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ClumsyClarence
post 4.03.2011 15:45
Post #8

QUOTE(richbuff @ 4.03.2011 11:25) *
Then we need to have GSI ran on the netbook. smile.gif

If my toe hurts and I have my brain x-rayed, then the x-ray results will not show what is wrong with my toe.

What dipstick eh! Now you know what you are dealing with here. Id didn't think I'd be able to get online on my netbook but obviously have. Here is the report. Thanks.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GetSystemInfo_KANDG_PC_kandg_2011_03_04_11_42_09.zip ( 119,12K ) Number of downloads: 5

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 4.03.2011 15:58
Post #9

Are You Kidding?

Malware related issue. Your Host file needs to be set to default. But first: Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

--------------------

+Quote Post
ClumsyClarence
post 4.03.2011 19:18
Post #10

QUOTE(richbuff @ 4.03.2011 11:58) *
Malware related issue. Your Host file needs to be set to default. But first: Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

there is no AVP11 folder for me to find AVZ folder to send you. Any advice plse? or a 9 digit request number to enter plse?

This post has been edited by ClumsyClarence: 4.03.2011 19:24

+Quote Post
ClumsyClarence
post 4.03.2011 19:54
Post #11

QUOTE(ClumsyClarence @ 4.03.2011 15:18) *
there is no AVP11 folder for me to find AVZ folder to send you. Any advice plse? or a 9 digit request number to enter plse?

am hoping these files are what you need

This post has been edited by ClumsyClarence: 4.03.2011 20:09
Attached File(s)
Attached File  virusinfo_cure.zip ( 22bytes ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  virusinfo_syscure.zip ( 36,85K ) Number of downloads: 3

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 5.03.2011 01:42
Post #12

Are You Kidding?

Topic was moved to Virus section. Run this script, instructions: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry678368 PC will reboot:
CODE
begin
SetAVZGuardStatus(True);
SearchRootkit(true, true);
QuarantineFile('C:\ProgramData\6300d4\IA630_328.exe','');
DeleteFile('C:\ProgramData\6300d4\IA630_328.exe');
RegKeyParamDel('HKEY_CURRENT_USER','Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run','Internet Antivirus 2011');
ExecuteRepair(9);
ClearHostsFile;
BC_ImportAll;
ExecuteSysClean;
BC_Activate;
RebootWindows(true);
end.

After run script, scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php Update it first, scan and attach its log, but Please Don't remove anything yet, until the log is reviewed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ThumbelinaPM
post 6.03.2011 23:08
Post #13

Group: Members

Hi, my ClumsyClarence account seems to be disabled and I havent received a response to my email to the Administrator so have now created this new account. Please find atatched Malware file as requested in your last post Richbuff 160583.
Please advise if I can now delete the files and how I go about doing so.

Thank you

Attached File(s)
Attached File  mbam_log_2011_03_05__15_57_23_.txt ( 111K ) Number of downloads: 5

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 7.03.2011 04:53
Post #14

Are You Kidding?

I merged again, because you are ClumsyClarence. I do not see anything wrong with your ClumsyClarence account.

Remove Selected what Malwarebytes detects.

Run this script, instructions same as the last one:
CODE
begin
CreateQurantineArchive('c:\quarantine.zip');
end.

A file called quarantine.zip should be created in C:\. Then please upload C:\quarantine.zip to a filehost such as http://www.mediafire.com/
Then, Private Message me the Download link to the uploaded file. Click my user name and select Send message.

Also, if you use Windows System restore, turn it off > reboot. This to remove malware from system volume information files. Then turn system restore back on, if you wish. How to turn it off/on: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279208

--------------------

+Quote Post
ThumbelinaPM
post 7.03.2011 21:49
Post #15

I still cannot REPLY to the post when signed in as ClumsyClarence so have reverted to this instead. I cannot message you either as I get a message saying You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board.

I have tried to follow your instructions but end up with nothing in the Quarantine folder though when I finished running the script I got a message saying "Wizard completed with error - Incorrect kernel handle" - could that be why?

RichBuff or whoever answers can I ask ask that you:
enable me to REPLY to the post (my ClumsyClarence profile still shows VALIDATING - help PLEASE!!!)
and may I also ask that you simplify your instructions too. I am no IT genius.

I am now desperate to get this issue sorted out - I have been on it 5 days now.

Thank you.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 8.03.2011 03:32
Post #16

Are You Kidding?

Please use your current ThumbelinaPM account.

Please use the Add Reply button, instead of the New Topic button, for this issue.

Incorrect kernel handle is because the . after end was not copied. You can skip the part about creating and sending me the quarantine, if it is too much trouble.

How is the PC doing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ThumbelinaPM
post 8.03.2011 12:30
Post #17

QUOTE(richbuff @ 8.03.2011 02:32) *
Please use your current ThumbelinaPM account.

Please use the Add Reply button, instead of the New Topic button, for this issue.

Incorrect kernel handle is because the . after end was not copied. You can skip the part about creating and sending me the quarantine, if it is too much trouble.

How is the PC doing?

Hi, I will stick with Thumbelina as you say. I know to use the Add Reply button but on my netbook it won't let me do so - that's why I had to create a new User ID.
I have removed the malware files and still have the same problem with the netbook however I will go and follow the instuction again following your latest advice on the missing "." when I am on my netbook at home this evening.
Thanks

Gill

+Quote Post
ThumbelinaPM
post 9.03.2011 11:36
Post #18

QUOTE(ThumbelinaPM @ 8.03.2011 11:30) *
Hi, I will stick with Thumbelina as you say. I know to use the Add Reply button but on my netbook it won't let me do so - that's why I had to create a new User ID.
I have removed the malware files and still have the same problem with the netbook however I will go and follow the instuction again following your latest advice on the missing "." when I am on my netbook at home this evening.
Thanks

Gill

Hi, I ran that script again but there is nothing in the Quarantine folder to upload to you. Any ideas?
Gill

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 9.03.2011 12:06
Post #19

Are You Kidding?

Please skip the part about sending me the quarantine.

If the original issue persists, please create new gsi and avz logs, and post them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ThumbelinaPM
post 10.03.2011 00:26
Post #20

QUOTE(richbuff @ 9.03.2011 11:06) *
Please skip the part about sending me the quarantine.

If the original issue persists, please create new gsi and avz logs, and post them.

Yes original problem does persist so here is what I think is gsi log. AVZ log to follow when I can figure it out again.
Can I ask when replying please give me basic instructions - much appreciated.
Thanks,
Attached File(s)
Attached File  GetSystemInfo_KANDG_PC_kandg_2011_03_09_20_00_14.zip ( 120,01K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26.10.2014 11:40