IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you do if virus is detected, lot of merges. And more merges.
bcvegas
post 19.02.2011 14:09
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi I am trying to figure out what to do after scanning today I noticed this and I dont know what action to take. Please help. Thanks.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  KAV219.jpg ( 109,83K ) Number of downloads: 16

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 19.02.2011 14:48
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

hello
please expand the object column so the file names are completely visible.

+Quote Post
bcvegas
post 19.02.2011 15:31
Post #3

is this ok?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  KAV2192.PNG ( 88,11K ) Number of downloads: 12

+Quote Post
bcvegas
post 20.02.2011 04:10
Post #4

I ran a scan last night and this came up the button is green but this came back do I need to do anything? Im new to this please help. thanks.

+Quote Post
bcvegas
post 20.02.2011 04:10
Post #5

I ran a scan last night and this came up the button is green but this came back do I need to do anything? Im new to this please help. thanks.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.02.2011 04:28
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Several merges. Please wait a minute and refresh the page before hitting the post button again.

Also, please bookmark, or make note of this link: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=201231
Please click it, and use the Add Reply button, instead of the New Topic button, to reply to the same issue. That makes it easier to follow your issue.

Also, when you log onto the forum, you can click your user name at the bottom of the main forum (Board Index) or top of the page and
then select Find members posts, from the options.

That way, it is not a new topic for every reply.

Lucian will be by in a while to assess and evaluate your screenshot.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
bcvegas
post 20.02.2011 04:43
Post #7

Attached File(s)
Attached File  KAV2192.PNG ( 88,11K ) Number of downloads: 11

+Quote Post
bcvegas
post 20.02.2011 04:47
Post #8

QUOTE(richbuff @ 19.02.2011 19:28) *
Several merges. Please wait a minute and refresh the page before hitting the post button again.

Also, please bookmark, or make note of this link: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=201231
Please click it, and use the Add Reply button, instead of the New Topic button, to reply to the same issue. That makes it easier to follow your issue.

Also, when you log onto the forum, you can click your user name at the bottom of the main forum (Board Index) or top of the page and
then select Find members posts, from the options.

That way, it is not a new topic for every reply.

Lucian will be by in a while to assess and evaluate your screenshot.

OK thanks sorry about the multiple posts it aid it didnt work!

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 20.02.2011 14:20
Post #9

Are You Kidding?

hello
the first items are detected on a webpage, and were blocked. The message is just informative. nothing made it to your pc.
Secound group of items, proactive defense messages. Detection is by behaviour, so it 'acts' like a malware, but may not be.

First ones related to miro: http://www.getmiro.com/
the software is safe (if detected from the official website - since this is an open source application, I don't think someone has a reason to download it from somewhere else), detection is from the proactive defense. you can also unquarantine it.

The next one is related to bearshare, the software is safe , but i would recommend not using it because of the contents you find on p2p - lots of malware.

Next one, should be related to office 2010 starter.

Bottom line, you can unquarantine miro and clear the detection list via right click>clear list.

+Quote Post
bcvegas
post 20.02.2011 14:38
Post #10

QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 20.02.2011 05:20) *
hello
the first items are detected on a webpage, and were blocked. The message is just informative. nothing made it to your pc.
Secound group of items, proactive defense messages. Detection is by behaviour, so it 'acts' like a malware, but may not be.

First ones related to miro: http://www.getmiro.com/
the software is safe (if detected from the official website - since this is an open source application, I don't think someone has a reason to download it from somewhere else), detection is from the proactive defense. you can also unquarantine it.
The next one is related to bearshare, the software is safe , but i would recommend not using it because of the contents you find on p2p - lots of malware.

Next one, should be related to office 2010 starter.

Bottom line, you can unquarantine miro and clear the detection list via right click>clear list.

Thank you so much I still use miro but dont use bearshare anymore so I will uninstall that I only used the office app once should I do anything about that?

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 20.02.2011 15:11
Post #11

Are You Kidding?

no

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.11.2014 03:42