IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Just installed PURE and database obsolete, can't update, Problems minutes after installing software.
m-e.girard
post 18.02.2011 23:22
Post #1

Group: Members

I've just purchased this software and have installed it on two computers. Both computers continue to advise me to update the database because it is obsolete. I've tried updating it several times (on both computers) and I continue to get a message about components not able to update, therefore the "database obsolete" warning continually comes up. The only option is to revert to the old update, which I do not have.
I do not know what to do to rectify this. I've just purchased this and do not understand why it's unable to function properly on 2 computers.
Also, it also advises me to do a full scan (even though the database is obsolete) and after an hour of running, it has only gone through 20% and my computer CPU is at 100% and the computer is completely bugged up.
What is going on?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 19.02.2011 02:08
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Settings > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.

If still no go, attach the update report.
Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, drop down > My Update center, then upper right Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool
2. Unzip, run getsysteminfo.exe. Choose where you wish to save the text file, the desktop is the easy choice.
3. Click here to upload your GetSystemInfo log.
4. Now add the link to the log you have just made in your post.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Dennis OBrien
post 9.05.2011 15:28
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 19.02.2011 08:08) *
Welcome. Check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Settings > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.

If still no go, attach the update report.
Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, drop down > My Update center, then upper right Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool
2. Unzip, run getsysteminfo.exe. Choose where you wish to save the text file, the desktop is the easy choice.
3. Click here to upload your GetSystemInfo log.
4. Now add the link to the log you have just made in your post.

I installed PURE trial today and get the same problem...."Databases Are Obsolete" and whwn I update I get Completed <1 min ago not all components were updated. Straight away a warning appears to update. Happens continuously. Here is the link to the Get System Info file http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...78ed2d1f65ee1a2

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 10.05.2011 02:05
Post #4

Oldtimer

Revert to the default Host file, then uninstall your (if applicable) pirated and/or infected Adobe software > reboot.

Uninstall Ask toolbar > reboot.

If still no go, attach the Update report. You quoted the instructions and additional preliminary instructions. Please reply to them.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Fat64
post 31.05.2011 22:31
Post #5

Hello!

I have the same problem.
Here is the link to system report:
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...e5bb4f2aa26b208

Would you advice me how to solve this problem in my situation, please?

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 1.06.2011 00:19
Post #6

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(Fat64 @ 31.05.2011 10:31) *
Would you advice me how to solve this problem in my situation, please?
Welcome. Check system date is correct. According to your GSI you are in the future by 2 months. Attached File  Capture.PNG ( 1,12K ) Number of downloads: 13

Clear your temp files: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2011/error...p;qid=208279128 Reboot

Are you able to connect to windows update?

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2014

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
Sandipan
post 14.09.2011 16:24
Post #7

QUOTE(m-e.girard @ 19.02.2011 00:52) *
I've just purchased this software and have installed it on two computers. Both computers continue to advise me to update the database because it is obsolete. I've tried updating it several times (on both computers) and I continue to get a message about components not able to update, therefore the "database obsolete" warning continually comes up. The only option is to revert to the old update, which I do not have.
I do not know what to do to rectify this. I've just purchased this and do not understand why it's unable to function properly on 2 computers.
Also, it also advises me to do a full scan (even though the database is obsolete) and after an hour of running, it has only gone through 20% and my computer CPU is at 100% and the computer is completely bugged up.
What is going on?

Hi all,

I am having the same kind of problem stated above. Did all the necessary settings in desktop like checking date time, timezone, uncheck proxy. Unistalled ask toolbar, removed suspicious programs that GSI parser stated.
But still the issue exists. My desktop runs Win XP Professional SP3 and the Kaspersky version is PURE 9.1.0.124.
I have also uninstalled old antivirus and removed its entry from registry.

I found an answer here which says to revert back to the default host file. Is it the host file located in etc folder ?
My PC connects the internet through a router.

Any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated. I am really frustrated because my PC was running fine with Mcafee, until I have introduced PURE in it. dash1.gif

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 15.09.2011 01:30
Post #8

Oldtimer

Welcome. Instructions are located in post #2: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1597353

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29.08.2014 03:16