IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> TDSSKiller will not run, Nothing happens after TDSSKiller.Exe is launched on Windows Vista.
Steve Norman
post 8.02.2011 03:54
Post #1

Group: Members

I have a Google links redirection (hijack) problem on my Windows Vista laptop.

When I try to run TDSSKiller, either in normal or safe-mode, I get UAC message asking for permission to run, then nothing.

I have another PC running Windows XP and it runs fine, showing first the initialising bar, then the user interface.

I have already swept the system with Malwarebytes, TrendMicro's Scanner and AVG. I have tried renaming TDSSKiller.Exe, this did not help.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...26bf83e348e3328
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 8.02.2011 04:58
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

If you don't have Kaspersky installed, please feel free to use the AVP Tool. It is linked in the important read me topic, located at the top of this forum page.
Attach its sysinfo.zip.

Vista SP1? Why no SP2?

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Steve Norman
post 9.02.2011 16:31
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 8.02.2011 00:58) *
If you don't have Kaspersky installed, please feel free to use the AVP Tool. It is linked in the important read me topic, located at the top of this forum page.
Attach its sysinfo.zip.

Vista SP1? Why no SP2?

Thanks for the advice richbuff, I ran the AVP Tool which found deleted several things.

Only after a reboot did the system finally let me run TDSSKiller... And it worked biggrin.gif removing the dreaded google redirect problems that have been plaguing me for nearly two weeks.

And guess what, at next reboot Windows Update offered me Vista SP2 for the first time!

Thanks once again.

+Quote Post
limboaz
post 11.07.2011 22:25
Post #4

QUOTE(richbuff @ 8.02.2011 03:58) *
Attach its sysinfo.zip.

Vista SP1? Why no SP2?

Wow, I tried the AVP tool and it got rid of the TDSS rootkit when nothing else would and when TDSSKiller was being blocked from running. Impressive!! Time to recommend to all my clients that they switch to Kaspersky. Thanks!!! bravo.gif

+Quote Post
jonebone
post 4.11.2011 18:08
Post #5

QUOTE(limboaz @ 11.07.2011 21:25) *
Wow, I tried the AVP tool and it got rid of the TDSS rootkit when nothing else would and when TDSSKiller was being blocked from running. Impressive!! Time to recommend to all my clients that they switch to Kaspersky. Thanks!!! bravo.gif

Can someone direct me to this AVP link? I didn't see it as referenced above, and I'm having the same issue. TDSSKiller will not run, even with a rename, changed file extension or from safe mode. Really frustrating...

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 5.11.2011 05:09
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Welcome. The first Important topic has lots of information, including the AVP Tool link. There is a lot of information in the post, so please take a moment to read it; you will find the link there.

Please see the fine print that is located at the bottom of this post.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25.10.2014 00:30