Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can i use KIS 2011 with Malwarebytes
rajatmathur
post 30.01.2011 09:49
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi,

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Lastest version, all i want to know is this the
complete security for the computer, or i need to install Malwarebytes which i heard works well, if yes
then can i install Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 with Malwarebytes and running them same time, will they work well together or they just create more problem

Kindly clear in this

waiting for your reply

thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marko13
post 30.01.2011 13:33
Post #2

Professional II

Group: Gold beta testers

Free version of malwarebytes, without real time protection should work OK. Paid version (with real time components) can cause problems and therefore it is recommended that you use free version.

+Quote Post
TOGS
post 30.01.2011 15:28
Post #3

Advanced Member III

Hello..... In my opinion there is no reason why they would not work together as i use both in realtime myself.

A year or so ago there were some minor conflicts but they appear to be long gone and ONE of the reasons is this.

"The MBAM services are set to Automatic delayed start by default".

This was introduced approx 9 months ago by MB for Vista and Win 7 and the MB icon will appear last

in your system tray ...usually after about 2-3 minutes....but dependant on your startup time.

This does not apply in XP though ........but even then i see no conflict in any shape or form.

I am using both KIS and MBAM in realtime with Win 7 and XP and i see no conflicts at all as i said but

probably the best advice is to put all mbam .exe's in KIS exclusions and you can also tell MB to ignore KIS.

Full instructions on how to do that by a Moderator in the MBAM forum who has run these two together in realtime himself

can be seen below.These instructions are current and were posted just last week in response to a similar post to yours.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...rt=#entry379119

+Quote Post
rajatmathur
post 30.01.2011 17:04
Post #4

thanks TOGS for the great and informative reply

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.11.2014 05:03