IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Desktop Icon Is Missing [ Gadget ]
hooch21
post 15.01.2011 18:18
Post #1

Group: Members

I just noticed today that the Kapersky Desktop Icon is missing from my desktop.

I did not remove it(intentionally anyway).

I would like to get it back but I would also like ot know if it means anything(like some malicious software removed it...)

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dh27564
post 15.01.2011 18:32
Post #2

Posting guru

When you say the desktop icon, are you referring to the red "K" icon that usually appears in the system tray (lower-right of screen)? If so, go to Start > All Programs > Kaspersky and try to start the program from there.

+Quote Post
BuJasim
post 15.01.2011 18:34
Post #3

Kaspersky doesn't have a desktop icon; but does have a desktop gadget for Windows 7 as far as I know.

If you wish to have a desktop shortcut. follow the steps:

Start-->All Programs-->Kaspersky Antivirus 20XX or Kaspersky Internet Security 20XX (folder)--> Right-click on KAV or KIS-->Send to-->desktop

+Quote Post
Ron351
post 15.01.2011 18:38
Post #4

QUOTE(hooch21 @ 15.01.2011 10:18) *

I would like to get it back but I would also like ot know if it means anything(like some malicious software removed it...)

Thanks

Just go to start/programs then at kaspersky internet security 2011 let the menu open up and right click on kaspersky internet security 2011 and select "send to" and let it expand and click "Desktop (create shortcut) and that will put a new shortcut icon on your desktop

--------------------
Ron

+Quote Post
hooch21
post 15.01.2011 21:28
Post #5

QUOTE(Ron351 @ 15.01.2011 17:38) *
Just go to start/programs then at kaspersky internet security 2011 let the menu open up and right click on kaspersky internet security 2011 and select "send to" and let it expand and click "Desktop (create shortcut) and that will put a new shortcut icon on your desktop

I think what I am referring to is the Kapersky Desktop Gadget. Its a rather big icon but it is more than an icon , yes, it is a gadget. That was on my desktop for along time but I noticed today it is missing. How can I get that back?

Since I know now that it is the Kepersky Gadget I am referring to I looked it up on Kapersky Help. Do you know that it does not tell us in that Help how to bring up the Kapersky gadget? It just says it is placed on the desktop when Kapersky is first loaded but does not tell us how to put it back on the desktop at a later time!

Thanks

This post has been edited by hooch21: 15.01.2011 21:34

+Quote Post
BuJasim
post 15.01.2011 21:31
Post #6

QUOTE(hooch21 @ 15.01.2011 21:28) *
I think what I am referring to is the Kapersky Desktop Gadget. Its a rather big icon but it is more than an icon , yes, it is a gadget. That was on my desktop for along time but I noticed today it is missing. How can I get that back?

Thanks

Right-click in the desk-top and select "screen gadgets", press on Kaspersky gadget and it would appear on your desktop.

+Quote Post
hooch21
post 15.01.2011 21:35
Post #7

QUOTE(BuJasim @ 15.01.2011 20:31) *
Right-click in the desk-top and select "screen gadgets", press on Kaspersky gadget and it would appear on your desktop.

Thanks. It is now back on my desktop!

+Quote Post
Arid Gal
post 16.01.2014 18:19
Post #8

QUOTE(hooch21 @ 15.01.2011 17:18) *

Thanks

dash1.gif Gee whiz, I am having the very same problem as from Dec '13. I have the Red 'K' in the systems tray but I don't have the 'Green Monitor' with the 'settings' etc, I guess you call it a gadget, that I can click on where I can see it on my desktop. Sorry folk but a 'newbie' I'm not. I am a 'premmy baby' when it comes to online forums. After logging in to reply to this post, I couldn't even find it so I had to go 'my history' to get back here!!! I'm in Australia & the number for Tech support here is 1300 762 833. Looks like I'll have to ring because while all the help posted should have done the job, I still have not got my big green monitor on my desktop assuring me that Kaspersky is enabled.

Running Windows 7 -32 bit - and am up to date as far as scans go. Not through my doing. Only because the 'rectangle' has popped up to ask if I want a full scan or giving me the results of it. I love kaspersky, it's great and well worth it. No spam since 1st purchase 3 years ago.

Dreadfully sorry to all those who posted the 'how to'. It is obviously so logical. I tried it all and nothing happened. I DID follow all 'destructions' to the letter but with no luck. I am going to bookmark this page so that I can get back to it!!! Such are my navigation skills -lack of big time!!

Thanks a zillion to all who posted the 'how to', I hope if I reboot I can get my big green monitor back -Huh!! Not likely thinks this 'ye ole bush chook'. Anything I do on a computer that is correct, I have done by accident and therefore do not know how I did it.
Now you can feel sorry for all those techs out there on the other end of the line when I phone!!
Cheers & Thanks for replying to Hooch 21 who had the same problem.
Oh gee, now I can't find how to submit this!! Wish me luck!

+Quote Post
Arid Gal
post 16.01.2014 18:33
Post #9

QUOTE(hooch21 @ 15.01.2011 20:35) *
Thanks. It is now back on my desktop!

Was Hoping & praying hooch 21 that your post would work for me. I right clicked on my desktop and the gadgets came up.
Yes Kaspersky monitor was there. I right clicked on it and it said 'Add' & 'Uninstall' so I selected 'ADD' and still nothing.
Oh well 1.31am here and trying to cool down.
if all else fails, I will phone poor Kaspersky.
Thank you very, very, much.

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 16.01.2014 18:41
Post #10

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(Arid Gal @ 16.01.2014 06:33) *
Was Hoping & praying hooch 21 that your post would work for me. I right clicked on my desktop and the gadgets came up.
Yes Kaspersky monitor was there. I right clicked on it and it said 'Add' & 'Uninstall' so I selected 'ADD' and still nothing.
Welcome. Instead of right click, just double click with the left mouse button on the kaspersky icon.

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2014

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
Bromikey
post 20.02.2014 14:15
Post #11

QUOTE(BuJasim @ 15.01.2011 09:31) *

Thank you "BuJasim'. I had clicked the gadget off when installing Uverse. Did not even know to call it a gadget. It is now restored bravo.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22.08.2014 09:52