2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HUGE apps problem after Kaspersky installation
sgtrahanlsu
post 12.08.2006 22:12
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello all....

I am experiencing a HUGE problem with multiple applications crashing and closing since installing Kaspersky AV 6.0 (full paid version).

Once it was installed (I installed it with Proactive Defense options ON), multiple programs began displaying error dialog boxes saying they either "encountered a problem and need to close," or "memory could not be 'written'".

The common programs are as follows:

ssu.exe
dwwin.exe
cidaemon.exe
Windows Desktop Search Executable
LiveUpdate COM Module
ehmsas.exe

There are more....for example, when I try to open Firefox, 99% of the time, it tells me that Firefox has encountered an error and needs to close.
It also does this with Internet Explorer.

I have ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall installed.

I would greatly appreciate any help/suggestions any of you may have to offer.

Please refrain from "reformat your hard drive" replies, as I have done this only a couple short months ago.

I have always had internet security on my PC.....I just recently uninstalled Norton Internet Security (which I've been using for years) in favor of a multi-program approach, as I feel that's the best way to go (internet security suites still don't offer the best of each security program, imo).

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 12.08.2006 22:18
Post #2

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Hi sgtrahanlsu & welcome

Have a look at this thread:http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...=0&#entry169852, follow the directions on how to remove Norton comepletely step by step and with ZA & Kaspersky uninstalled for best results.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mrmrjones
post 11.11.2006 05:18
Post #3

Hi,

I have been using Kaspersky v.5 without problems until today - when I upgraded to Anti Virus v.6. Very serious problems - very similar to described above. Starting many things brings up an application error - the instruction at "0x7c8edf9c" referenced memory at "0x7c8edf9c". The memory could not be "written". Sometimes it is the name of the programme I have started (e.g. 'Outlook.exe' - the message I am looking at now) - however often it is 'dwwin'. This is completely crippling use of the computer.

I did have Norton AntiVirus installed - some years ago - but uninstalled it before installing Kaspersky v.5 - which in turn I uninstalled today before installing v.6. As I say, v.5 worked fine for some years. I still have some of the Norton suite installed - but not the antivirus.

I am using windows xp sp2. I have 'spybot s&d', 'ad-aware personal' (the free version), 'spyware blaster' (spybot said I should add this) and 'windows defender' installed with default settings. Do any of these need to be uninstalled and will KAV v.6 provide equivalent protection (I only have K anti-virus, not suite). For firewall, I have the free edition of Zone Alarm - which caused big problems (couldn't connect to the internet at all) when I first installed v.6 but now seems ok (I uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of ZA). Internet connection is via LAN connecting to a Netgear router/modem - which has a NAT firewall (but I still want ZoneAlarm to provide outgoing programme control). However, the current problems do not seem to be restricted to programmes attempting to connect to the internet.

I will mention that I have a Logitech web cam - I mention this because they seemed to be mentioned on another forum, but Google was translating it from German (not very well!) and I couldn't understand what it was saying! Are logitech webcams a problem?

Please help! My computer is virtually unusable at the moment!

Thanks

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 11.11.2006 12:37
Post #4

Global Moderator

QUOTE(mrmrjones @ 11.11.2006 03:18)
Hi,

Are logitech webcams a problem?

Hi mrmrjones & welcome

Yes, unfortunately they are, but please do this:

1. Download KisKav6Remove.zip .

2. Make a folder called Kav 6.0 on the desktop and unzip KisKavRemove into this,, then uninstall Kaspersky, reboot into safemode and run the tool (doubleclick on "avp_remove.cmd" for the 6.0 tool), reboot. Only works if installed in the default c:\ location with windows!. Now boot into normalmode.

3. Then do the Norton removal steps described: here, all of them!

4. Next disable the logitech service (LVPrcSrv.exe ) and uninstall W defender.

5. Install this MS patch:http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=24050, reboot afterwards and reinstall Kaspersky.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mrmrjones
post 13.11.2006 03:35
Post #5

Hi,

Very many thanks for your advice: I followed it all very carefully - taking the opportunity to remove some other old bits and pieces I don't use anymore at the same time.

I am very pleased to report that everything now seems to be running smoothly! I haven't tried some things yet - in particular I haven't connected up my webcam since disabling the process you mentioned. But everything I have tried has worked.

Is it now possible to re-install 'Windows Defender' - or is this better left off? One feature I liked in Defender was the start up programme manager - I notice that RegSupreme (which I downloaded during the clean-up) has a similar function, but at the moment I only have 30 days free trial of that. On the other hand - it looks pretty impressive - it found *lots* of redundant registry entries which Norton Systemworks hadn't found - so I think I may buy it!

Thanks again for your help!

Best wishes

Martin

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 13.11.2006 09:39
Post #6

Global Moderator

Thats good, you can download the free Autoruns from Wundows Systernals and the free version of Superantispyware instead of WD. This would also make it possible for you to buy the basic Regsupreme which is cheaper, you see the regcleaner is the same in all the products.

--------------------

+Quote Post
beamone
post 8.01.2007 19:51
Post #7

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 11.11.2006 01:37)
Hi mrmrjones & welcome

Yes, unfortunately they are, but please do this:

1. Download KisKav6Remove.zip .

2. Make a folder called Kav 6.0 on the desktop and unzip KisKavRemove into this,, then uninstall Kaspersky, reboot into safemode and run the tool (doubleclick on "avp_remove.cmd" for the 6.0 tool), reboot. Only works if installed in the default c:\ location with windows!. Now boot into normalmode.

3. Then do the Norton removal steps described: here, all of them!

4. Next disable the logitech service (LVPrcSrv.exe ) and uninstall W defender.

5. Install this MS patch:http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=24050, reboot afterwards and reinstall Kaspersky.

I do not have Norton or Windows Defender & this is a new computer with fresh install of windows. I do have the Logitech Fusion Webcam. Is this the fix for this problem? Also I have partitioned my Hard drive so windows is in a separate partition & I put Apps in a separate Partition & also Data on a separate partition. Am I understanding that Kaspersky has to be installed on C: or just the patch? Thanks Barry

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 8.01.2007 19:56
Post #8

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

Hello
You only need to disable the lvprcsvr service. for this open start->run->services.msc, look for the service, right click it, select properties and set the startup type to disable, click ok and reboot (it's best like this so you won't be affected by programs that previously crashed).

It would be best to install kaspersky at its default location (c:\program files\kaspersky lab).

As for that patch, just download it, double click it click next and let it finish the job, and reboot, that's all.

+Quote Post
beamone
post 8.01.2007 20:31
Post #9

QUOTE(lucianbara @ 8.01.2007 08:56)
Hello
You only need to disable the lvprcsvr service. for this open start->run->services.msc, look for the service, right click it, select properties and set the startup type to disable, click ok and reboot (it's best like this so you won't be affected by programs that previously crashed).

It would be best to install kaspersky at its default location (c:\program files\kaspersky lab).

As for that patch, just download it, double click it click next and let it finish the job, and reboot, that's all.

The only service I see running for logitech is "Logitech process monitor" is that the "lvprcsvr" you are referring to? I see the lvprcsvr in C:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm directory
thanks Barry

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 8.01.2007 20:33
Post #10

Are You Kidding?

Yes, that's the service.

+Quote Post
beamone
post 9.01.2007 02:23
Post #11

QUOTE(lucianbara @ 8.01.2007 09:33)
Yes, that's the service.

Thank You for such a fast reply, It looks like that may have fixed it.
I feel comfortable in buying it now from the trial vwersion.
Barry

+Quote Post
beamone
post 9.01.2007 07:56
Post #12

QUOTE(beamone @ 8.01.2007 15:23)
Thank You for such a fast reply, It looks like that may have fixed it.
I feel comfortable in buying it now from the trial vwersion.
Barry

I guess I spoke to soon. Its back.
Sometimes it takes awhile.
Once it starts it continues.
Memory error: the instruction at ox7c8edf9c referenced memory could not be written.
Is there anything more I can do.
This program wont play nice with the webcam : (

Barry

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 9.01.2007 15:20
Post #13

Are You Kidding?

Which applications are now loaded (post a screenshot of the task manager processes tabs)

+Quote Post
beamone
post 10.01.2007 21:13
Post #14

QUOTE(lucianbara @ 9.01.2007 04:20)
Which applications are now loaded (post a screenshot of the task manager processes tabs)

I have redid the instructions again.
I assume that I can enable the LVPrcSrv.exe again?
Barry

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 10.01.2007 21:18
Post #15

Are You Kidding?

no, keep the lvp... disabled.

+Quote Post
beamone
post 10.01.2007 21:27
Post #16

Do I leave it disabled permanantly?
Will I not be able to use the web Cam features?

Barry

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 10.01.2007 21:31
Post #17

Are You Kidding?

Hello
Yes. do you miss some features with it disabled?

+Quote Post
sanlia
post 11.03.2007 19:12
Post #18

urgent!!i had the same problem earlier.i have installed kapersky before n also logitech quickcam.now after following the steps,the error doesn't occur anymore.however,i got a bigger problem now.it seems that there's something wrong with this pc's system.i can't view full size pictures on the web and also can't view yahoo messenger board.i can type and people can view what i typed,but i can't see what others r typing.hope u can help me.this is really urgent..thanx.

+Quote Post
sanlia
post 11.03.2007 19:18
Post #19

and ya,1 more thing,my windows media player is also not opening everytime i try to open it.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 11.03.2007 19:23
Post #20

Global Moderator

Whay exact version of Kaspersky eg 6.0.0.299 or 6.0.2.614?

What Windows OS?

Have you changed anything in Kaspersky from the default settings and have you blocked anything with Kaspersky?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.10.2014 11:02