Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Activation code is invalid for this region
Penicillin
post 12.12.2010 09:18
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi,
If I buy a KIS license from US reseller or retail store, will it activate it in Middle East.
Because I bought this license from a US authorized reseller, but when I try to activate it, I get error message says "Activation code is invalid for this region".

So what's wrong?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 12.12.2010 09:51
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Yes, there are regional activation restrictions. For example, a license purchased in Ulan Bator, or meant to be marketed in Ulan Bator, will not work in Poughkeepsie.

I do not have a detailed map showing which origin areas are restricted in what other areas.

If there is an Activation issue such as this, first check to make sure system date/time is correct, then contact Tech Support, link is located at upper left of this forum page.

This post has been edited by richbuff: 12.12.2010 09:51

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Penicillin
post 14.12.2010 05:01
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 12.12.2010 09:51) *
Yes, there are regional activation restrictions. For example, a license purchased in Ulan Bator, or meant to be marketed in Ulan Bator, will not work in Poughkeepsie.

I do not have a detailed map showing which origin areas are restricted in what other areas.

If there is an Activation issue such as this, first check to make sure system date/time is correct, then contact Tech Support, link is located at upper left of this forum page.

Hi,
But it's a retail version, I know retail versions can be activated anywhere, when I actiavated the code for first time few weeks ago, it has been activated perfectly, I formatted my PC two days ago and installed KIS again and tried to activate, but I got Activation code is invalid for this region message.

+Quote Post
timwilesen
post 14.12.2010 13:10
Post #4

QUOTE(richbuff @ 12.12.2010 09:51) *

This is something that Kaspersky changed last week. The retail codes you buy in the West will not work anymore in the Middle East or Asia and will give you a region error message. This is a huge change, and Kaspersky hasn't given us any warning or reason for this change. Very unprofessional.

Please let us know whether this is a mistake and whether this is going to be fixed, as it's affecting your loyal customers in the Middle East and Asia.

This post has been edited by timwilesen: 14.12.2010 13:10

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 14.12.2010 13:13
Post #5

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Welcome.
Please let us know whether this is a mistake and whether this is going to be fixed, as it's affecting your loyal customers in the Middle East and Asia.
This is the User forum, so your best bet is to contact Tech Support with your request, as indicated in my previous post.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 14.12.2010 15:24
Post #6

ICT Consultant

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(timwilesen @ 14.12.2010 09:10) *
This is something that Kaspersky changed last week. The retail codes you buy in the West will not work anymore in the Middle East or Asia and will give you a region error message. This is a huge change, and Kaspersky hasn't given us any warning or reason for this change. Very unprofessional.

actually it has been the case for a year now in most regions so they have possibly just closed up the remaining ones to match global policy. they don't have to give warning and a reason was issued last year. it is to clamp down on piracy and black market sales through ebay etc. where people have been intentionally buying cheap codes in one country to sell on for profit in another multiple times over in some instances. this of course leads to lots of frustrated 'customers' with cloned activation codes who get blacklisted because they were seeking a cheap deal and took the wrong option.

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post
timwilesen
post 14.12.2010 15:57
Post #7

QUOTE(antikythera @ 14.12.2010 15:24) *
actually it has been the case for a year now in most regions so they have possibly just closed up the remaining ones to match global policy. they don't have to give warning and a reason was issued last year. it is to clamp down on piracy and black market sales through ebay etc. where people have been intentionally buying cheap codes in one country to sell on for profit in another multiple times over in some instances. this of course leads to lots of frustrated 'customers' with cloned activation codes who get blacklisted because they were seeking a cheap deal and took the wrong option.

Amazon ships Kaspersky worldwide. They don't give any warning that the software will not work at the destination country. There isn't anything on the retail box that I hold in my hands saying that either.

This post has been edited by timwilesen: 14.12.2010 16:04

+Quote Post
Mechie
post 25.12.2010 02:00
Post #8

I have the same problem. I have sent my request to Kaspersky Tech Support. To do so, follow the instruction in this page below.
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208281133

+Quote Post
krizaniman
post 5.01.2011 14:20
Post #9

I bought a 3 PC licence from PC World in the UK in December 2010 to renew my licences on our home laptops.

I am now residing temporarily in Bosnia Herzegovina and wont be going to the UK for 7 weeks) and like last year I went to renew my 3 licences which ran out on 3.01.2011. To my amazement I got the message "Activation Code is invalid for this region".

I do understand the reason that Kaspersky have done this but "WHY DOESNT IT SAY ON THE BOX - FOR UK - DISTRIBUTION ONLY. Then I would NOT have bought this version.

I am now being told by Kaspersky that I need to by ANOTHER copy in the country where I am living or take the three laptops back to England to register them. WHAT NONSENCE, why cant they take my activation number (which they know hasnt been used and nullify it giving me another international one to get me going again?

Quite honestly I do like the Kaspersky product but I cannot see how or where to by this product online, to be sure it works in Bosnia where I am now and quite frankly I am very disapointed with the support from Kapersky

Any Suggestions ?

+Quote Post
shivaprasad
post 5.01.2011 14:44
Post #10

Advanced Member I

please see the link :

http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2011/activ...p;qid=208281803

--------------------
Thanks and Regards