IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 asking for password
kakz
post 28.10.2010 09:24
Post #1

Group: Members

I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 about two weeks ago. After running a full scan of my system, I got the notification that "Your Computer is at Risk, Threats have been detected". When I clicked on Fix It Now button, a window popped up asking me to type a password I am not aware of. I un-installed and re-installed the software. I made sure Scan Password Protected Archives is unchecked under Scan of compound files. Even after I have disconnected the external hard drive where the threats are supposed to be found, I still get the same message asking for a password. So, for the past 2 weeks or so, nothing has been fixed.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
kakz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shivaprasad
post 28.10.2010 09:58
Post #2

Advanced Member I

please post the screen shot of the window where it asks for the password

--------------------
Thanks and Regards

Kuldeep Patil

+Quote Post
hepta
post 28.10.2010 10:29
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(kakz @ 28.10.2010 07:24) *
I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 about two weeks ago. After running a full scan of my system, I got the notification that "Your Computer is at Risk, Threats have been detected". When I clicked on Fix It Now button, a window popped up asking me to type a password I am not aware of. I un-installed and re-installed the software. I made sure Scan Password Protected Archives is unchecked under Scan of compound files. Even after I have disconnected the external hard drive where the threats are supposed to be found, I still get the same message asking for a password. So, for the past 2 weeks or so, nothing has been fixed.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
kakz

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279753

+Quote Post
kakz
post 29.10.2010 08:51
Post #4

QUOTE(shivaprasad @ 28.10.2010 08:58) *
please post the screen shot of the window where it asks for the password

Attached File(s)
Attached File  KIS_2011.JPG ( 132.92K ) Number of downloads: 16

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 29.10.2010 09:34
Post #5

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. Also post screenshot of All detected. With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
kakz
post 30.10.2010 07:23
Post #6

QUOTE(richbuff @ 29.10.2010 08:34) *
Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. Also post screenshot of All detected. With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Protection_State1.JPG ( 254.61K ) Number of downloads: 3

+Quote Post
kakz
post 30.10.2010 07:26
Post #7

QUOTE(richbuff @ 29.10.2010 08:34) *

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Protection_State_3.JPG ( 264.35K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 30.10.2010 07:26
Post #8

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

If you use Windows System restore, turn it off > reboot and do a full scan with Kaspersky. Then turn system restore back on, if you wish. How to turn it off/on: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279208

Before doing the scan, Clear the Detected list: Detected > Active threats > right click > Disinfect all > right click > Clear list > then Exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot, scan again > then post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full name and object details.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19.04.2014 03:25