IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Unable to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, Infected Computer
Kshitij
post 25.09.2010 21:00
Post #1

Group: Members

When I tried installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, the installation failed mid-way displaying a message saying:

"The setup wizard could not install the application. It is possible your computer might be infected. Click Yes below to download a special tool, which will scan your computer and eliminate all the infections, so that you can proceed with the software installation. Do you want to download and scan your computer for viruses with AVPTool?"

After this I downloaded, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010 from http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/avptool2010

Following this, I did an autoscan using this software. Still the software failed to install. After this, I did the 'Manual Disinfection' and the report of the scan is as attached below.

I also tried to install Kaspersky Total Security 2011. The installation did not even start displaying an "NSIS Error" saying

"The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be a result of damaged disc, a failed download or a virus. You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy. It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)."

Hope that I get the solution to this problem at the earliest
Attached File(s)
Attached File  avptool_sysinfo.zip ( 14,94K ) Number of downloads: 7

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 26.09.2010 04:51
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Welcome. Please install XP SP3.

Uninstall Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool > reboot.

Post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the first Important read me topic.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26.12.2014 20:28