Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neutralized.. or not?
mnkhaki
post 12.09.2010 07:42
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello.

My Anti Virus says that 'Threats have been detected'. So that's nice to know and I want to feel that I could do something to my precious investment (laptop).

Now, I have read other posts about this and the solutions have not worked for me. So here I am posting the same problem and seeking a possible solution.

When I click on the area NEXT to "Fix it Now", (Fix it Now button does not work in this particular case - why I don't know) it takes me to the 'Protection State'. Neutralize all button does not work when I click on it. When I go to the 'Detected Threats' tab, and click on DISINFECT all, nothing happens.

What do I do now? Someone please assist step by step smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 12.09.2010 08:16
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
mnkhaki
post 12.09.2010 11:18
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 12.09.2010 07:16) *
Welcome. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Ok here goes...

Attached File  Kaspersky1.jpg ( 80.99K ) Number of downloads: 11

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 12.09.2010 11:27
Post #4

Oldtimer

Please right click the detections that appear in your screenshot, then select Clear or Remove. Then Exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot. Scan again. Do the detections re-appear? If they do, then attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
mnkhaki
post 12.09.2010 11:38
Post #5

QUOTE(richbuff @ 12.09.2010 10:27) *
Please right click the detections that appear in your screenshot, then select Clear or Remove. Then Exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot. Scan again. Do the detections re-appear? If they do, then attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

Thank you - will follow above and get back to see if any changes.

+Quote Post
mnkhaki
post 12.09.2010 14:51
Post #6

QUOTE(mnkhaki @ 12.09.2010 10:38) *

Hello again. The laptop I was referring to above is still being scanned. It will take another hour or so. In the meantime, I am attaching an image of my second laptop which I bought 2 days back. I am concerned about 3 files that have come up as possible threats after scanning.

Any ideas what I should do with these three files?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Kapersky_Threat_Image.png ( 143.16K ) Number of downloads: 7

+Quote Post
mnkhaki
post 12.09.2010 17:35
Post #7

QUOTE(mnkhaki @ 12.09.2010 10:38) *

Hello - the scan is complete and the threats in the first query above disappeared, thanks to your suggestion. REally appreciate your help. Do let me have your thoughts on the secon question at your convenience.. Thanks!

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 13.09.2010 02:08
Post #8

Oldtimer

You're welcome. Second laptop: you can ignore those, and/or add to exclusions.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.04.2014 06:03