Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mouse deactivated
hippoonroof
post 11.08.2010 18:53
Post #1

Group: Members

Have just installed Kaspersky pure. It's first action seems to have been to disable my dell usb mouse. I tried using other usb mice (microsoft,logitech) , but they won't work either. Windows XP says the mouse driver is installed, but the hardware cannot be found, and suggests I check if it's plugged in. It is plugged in! I found a few other people online reporting the same problem. Help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sjoeii
post 15.08.2010 11:29
Post #2

Professional

Group: Gold beta testers

Strange problem.
Please post a GSI report for a bit more information http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=36444

This post has been edited by Sjoeii: 15.08.2010 11:29

--------------------

+Quote Post
fayax
post 20.08.2010 22:34
Post #3

I have the same problem on my Vista laptop. TouchPad and USB mouse doesn't work with Kaspersky PURE.
Here is my GSI http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...dd486d4728c0364

thanks

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 21.08.2010 01:38
Post #4

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Please disable Windows Defender, uninstall Orbit Downloader, free up some more space on System partition, then tun the Kaspersky Removal tool:

Make sure you have your Activation Code handy first, then (if applicable) right click the K icon and select Exit, then uninstall Kaspersky> reboot, then run the removal tool:
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
Download and extract it to your C:\ drive (so its located in c:\kavremover). Scroll down in the linked instructions and select All Known Products. Reboot after tool use.

Then download a fresh distributive of the installer from links contained here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=177856
You will need your Activation Code after install > reboot.

If still no go after that, pending possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
fayax
post 21.08.2010 03:12
Post #5

QUOTE(richbuff @ 21.08.2010 04:38) *
Welcome. Please disable Windows Defender, uninstall Orbit Downloader, free up some more space on System partition, then tun the Kaspersky Removal tool:

Make sure you have your Activation Code handy first, then (if applicable) right click the K icon and select Exit, then uninstall Kaspersky> reboot, then run the removal tool:
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
Download and extract it to your C:\ drive (so its located in c:\kavremover). Scroll down in the linked instructions and select All Known Products. Reboot after tool use.

Then download a fresh distributive of the installer from links contained here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=177856
You will need your Activation Code after install > reboot.

If still no go after that, pending possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

I followed your instructions and it didn't resolve the issue. thanks

+Quote Post
fayax
post 21.08.2010 22:04
Post #6

I got it working with whole day of work. Here is the trick just in case if anyone needs.
First uninstall the Kaspersky PURE and get mouse working.

1. open the registry editor.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
3. Right-Click on the key {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and click Export. Save it to the desktop.
4. Install Kaspersky PURE and reboot the system.
5. With the help of the keyboard execute the saved registry file to restore the original registry values.
6. Reboot the system. Your mouse should work fine now.

Hope this helps to others.

+Quote Post
doh85
post 30.01.2011 23:12
Post #7

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried this way :

3. Right-Click on the key {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and click Export. Save it to the desktop.
5. With the help of the keyboard execute the saved registry file to restore the original registry values.

This did not resolve the issue for me. Can anyone help me please?!

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 31.01.2011 01:28
Post #8

Oldtimer

Welcome. Please inform Tech Support of this issue and also please tell us about your system.:

1) Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

2) Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus sub forum > sixth Important topic.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
gotcha
post 7.02.2011 01:34
Post #9

QUOTE(fayax @ 21.08.2010 21:04) *
I got it working with whole day of work. Here is the trick just in case if anyone needs.
First uninstall the Kaspersky PURE and get mouse working.

Hope this helps to others.

I had the same problem and it was stuck at the activation code. I finally got kaspersky removed and did as u said and it WORKED !!!!!! What do I do with the registry I put on my desktop now?

Thanks for your help. You would think there would be something on Kaspersky to tell you what to do if it occured.

+Quote Post
Sjoeii
post 7.02.2011 09:55
Post #10

Professional

QUOTE(gotcha @ 6.02.2011 22:34) *
You would think there would be something on Kaspersky to tell you what to do if it occured.

That's one of the things this forum is for wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rehtaeh1628
post 20.09.2011 23:15
Post #11

How does one do ANY of this without use of a mouse? The same thing has just happened to me, and I need the laptop ready to go in 24 hours to take with me on a business trip. Can someone help? I'm good with changing the registry, etc., I just don't know how to do that without the mouse working! dash1.gif

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 21.09.2011 00:11
Post #12

Forum Elite

Welcome
QUOTE(rehtaeh1628 @ 20.09.2011 11:15) *
Can someone help?
Please provide a GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2014

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
michiuser
post 30.09.2011 17:43
Post #13

I have the same problem when I was installing Kapersky Pure to my 32 bit Window XP desktop comuter. My usb mouse stopped working. I figured out the keyboard shortcuts to use instead of the mouse. But when it go to the part where you had to input your email address, I could not get past this part, without a mouse. I could not update the driver, because it says I have the recent one. I tried some driver update software but with the keyboard shortcuts that i need to do for it is not working.(I tried the software an another computer and it works on that computer) I uninstalled kapersky and my mouse still doesn't work. It must be the driver because the only thing that doesn't work in it are mouses.(Even wireless ones don't work) I think it maybe a virus, and have to restore my comuter. I don't really want to do this yet. Is there another way?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 1.10.2011 02:07
Post #14

Oldtimer

Welcome. Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------

+Quote Post
michiuser
post 2.10.2011 17:22
Post #15

I did contact the support of Kaspersky and didn't get a solution; they didn't even read my email. The solution that they sent me was a uninstallation issue, which is not the problem. I have uninstalled Kaspersky and still have problem. (Unless uninstalling it from the add/remove doesn’t take it all off)

Is this problem a Windows XP problem or a 32 bit operating system problem?

I have three computers to install Kaspersky on. Kaspersky installed correctly on my 64 bit W7 laptop.

Kaspersky did not install on my 32 bit WXP desktop, because of the mouse problem that accured during doing so.

I have a 32 bit W7 laptop that I need to install Kaspersky in 3 days. Am I going to lose my mouse on it? I need a 32 bit system because i have software that I need. It only works in a 32 operating system.
dash1.gif

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 3.10.2011 01:40
Post #16

Oldtimer

This issue occurs very very very rarely. Please contact Tech Support again and re-inform them of what the issue is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
michiuser
post 3.10.2011 17:28
Post #17

dash1.gif

+Quote Post
michiuser
post 7.10.2011 18:06
Post #18

QUOTE(michiuser @ 3.10.2011 16:28) *
dash1.gif

I could not get a solution so i unplugged everything and was going to take it so a place the next day for someone else to fix it. The next morning I forgot that i needed to save a few things, so I plugged everyhting back in. I was using the keyboard shortcuts when i noticed my mouse moving. YAY it now works. I don't know what fixed it though. The only thing I can think of that fixed it was having it disconnected from the power source for a long time, i probably didnt have it unplugged long enough. Or I did an update on it that fixed it that i am not aware of. However I wasn't comfortable using Kaspersky Pure agian on this computer. So I installed Kaspersky anti-virus to it instead. bravo.gif

+Quote Post
aquabizzle
post 8.10.2011 01:30
Post #19

Ugh, yeah I've been having the same problem...This doesn't seem like it's a rare issue to me! : (

+Quote Post
masaga91
post 16.01.2012 10:54
Post #20

i have the same issue i just installed pure and after rebooting the mouse all of a sudden stopped working and after rebooting again the keyboard stop working and now the computer is stuck, because i cant select my user for putting my password.... angry2.gif

what can i do know?????'

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2.09.2014 15:34