IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaspersky slows down all computer activity
sandkon
post 3.07.2010 15:37
Post #1

Group: Members

Since a recent update of IS 2010 ( about 6 weeks ago) and an upgrade to 2011 version, my computer has started to run extremely slowly. There are several problems. There is a background scan that takes absolutely ages to run and this seems to be using a lot of CPU and when trying to open any other application: Firefox, Opera, Thunderbird, Word etc it takes anything upto 5 mins to open the application. Web surfing is extremely slow again taking a long time to open and display using enormous amounts of CPU memory. There are two avp.exe processes running at the same time. I've done a full scan and my system seems clear and I regularly empty browser caches and history to free up space. Any help would be appreciated. I include a link to my getsytem info:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...763f59d38d301b6

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 3.07.2010 15:46
Post #2

ICT Consultant

Group: Gold beta testers

hello, you have a corrupted installation of KIS. there are still components loaded from older versions on your system hence the slowdowns.

please use the KAVremover tool to uninstall all known products and then reinstall KIS 2011. You will find it works much better.

full instructions on migrating from different versions can be found here:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=67812

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post
sandkon
post 5.07.2010 16:13
Post #3

QUOTE(antikythera @ 3.07.2010 15:46) *
hello, you have a corrupted installation of KIS. there are still components loaded from older versions on your system hence the slowdowns.

please use the KAVremover tool to uninstall all known products and then reinstall KIS 2011. You will find it works much better.

Thanks and will give it a try.

+Quote Post
shankyspidey
post 21.05.2011 08:54
Post #4

QUOTE(antikythera @ 3.07.2010 17:16) *

I have the same problem too sad.gif I tried these steps but it doesn't work. KIS 2011 slows my PC like heck. It takes ages to open "my computer" and other files. I also tried downloading a clean version from the internet and activated it using my "activation code" but it still slows down my PC a lot. dash1.gif I tried everything posted in the forums.... Please help

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 21.05.2011 09:17
Post #5

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the seventh Important topic.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
mccombs77
post 9.06.2011 04:39
Post #6

I am yet another person who has experienced a DRAMATIC slowdown of my system since installing KAS Internet Security 2011. For the past year, I had been running KAS Internet Security 2010, and after some initial hassles that required KAS customer service assistance, it ran well for more than eleven months. Then, about a week ago with three days left on my 2010 license, I loaded the CD ROM of KAS IS 2011 into my computer. I am running a desktop PC with XP Home Edition on board, and my ISP is high-speed broadband at a large public university in the United States.

I have already entered the URL's of the sites I normally visit into the Trusted Sites box, but it seems to make no difference. Example: I watch a lot of videos on YouTube, and this worked fine with KAS 2010, but now with KAS 2011, the audio is OK, but the video looks like KAS is looking at the stream for about six seconds and then briefly (less than a second) stopping it and then restarting it, resulting in a constant flicker or jerk in the video stream. Even my university email runs slow---Takes about 300% more time to perform any function than with KAS 2010.

When I installed the KAS 2011, I did not first remove the KAS 2010. I would think that KAS 2011 would recognize the 2010 product and install over it, recognizing earlier settings and preferences.

I will try the advice of antikythera (who posted a helpful response to another user who had this problem) to completely remove all KAS products and then reinstall the 2011. I will let you know if this helps. If not, I will have to migrate away from this product, as I cannot tolerate the current performance. I recognize that KAS is a superior AV, malware, spyware, firewall (etc.) product, but I am disappointed that the KAS programmers have not programmed to allow for existing installations of KAS when a client loads the 2011 product.

Also, I twice tried to phone the KAS call center during normal business hours (US Central time), but all I got was a recording. Perhaps there is no AV software company on the market that actually has real, live, English-speaking, knowledgeable phone reps anymore. I have to resort to typing messages out into the ether and hoping for a response......

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Respectfully,

mmccombs

QUOTE(sandkon @ 3.07.2010 14:37) *
Since a recent update of IS 2010 ( about 6 weeks ago) and an upgrade to 2011 version, my computer has started to run extremely slowly. There are several problems. There is a background scan that takes absolutely ages to run and this seems to be using a lot of CPU and when trying to open any other application: Firefox, Opera, Thunderbird, Word etc it takes anything upto 5 mins to open the application. Web surfing is extremely slow again taking a long time to open and display using enormous amounts of CPU memory. There are two avp.exe processes running at the same time. I've done a full scan and my system seems clear and I regularly empty browser caches and history to free up space. Any help would be appreciated. I include a link to my getsytem info:

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 9.06.2011 04:57
Post #7

Are You Kidding?

You posted a quote of the other persons' GSI report link. Please post yours. smile.gif

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
mccombs77
post 9.06.2011 09:25
Post #8

QUOTE(richbuff @ 9.06.2011 03:57) *
You posted a quote of the other persons' GSI report link. Please post yours. smile.gif

Hello Richbuff,

I recently (earlier this afternoon, Central US time, 8 June 2011) posted a message re: KIS 2011 that was installed on top of KIS 2010 causing my PC to operate VERY slowly and to not properly play videos, such as those in YouTube. More importantly, all commands were very slowly executed by the PC. I had monitored the situation over the course of a week, and it had become untenable, due to my multiple roles at one of the largest state universities in the Midwest.

However, after posting my first comment, I took the advice of "antikythera" and uninstalled the KIS 2011 (which I bought in CD form at retail, in a sealed box, from Kasperskey, through an authorized retailer). Then I rebooted, and cleared my cache and cookies, and then did a cold boot/shutoff. Then I reinstalled the program from the KIS 2011 CD, and it was immediately obvious that the program was running properly. Now, it runs as well as the KIS 2010 did, including proper playback of video and execution of email functions, etc.

Many thanks to "antikythera" for his wise advice that should be clearly printed in the KIS "Quick Start Guide," (in the retail box) but which is not. The text should read something like this: "Uninstall all previous versions of Kaspersky antivirus products before installing KIS 2011. Use the Install/Uninstall feature of Windows, but if you encounter problems, download the KAV removal tool and follow directions." Then provide a URL of the forum page that provides removal instructions.

As for displaying my GSI, there is no need to do that now, and I did not deliberately display any information of any other user; I merely posted a response, and this forum's software automatically displayed the GSI link of another user. In fact, I am not even sure if your note was addressed to me, since there was no salutation/greeting. (That is not a negative reference; it is just to note that I had to infer by the location of your note that you were addressing me.) I have a graduate degree in technical communication along with extensive corp communication background, so I am sensitive to ambiguity.

Thanks to Kaspersky for its AV products and for providing this forum.

mmccombs

This post has been edited by mccombs77: 9.06.2011 09:27

+Quote Post
obamakaspersky
post 9.06.2011 11:03
Post #9

QUOTE(sandkon @ 3.07.2010 19:37) *

2011 is rubbish,please use kis2012,it is very smooth and not to slow down your computer system.

+Quote Post
thglf1
post 9.07.2011 07:24
Post #10

I have also been having a slow computer ever since installing KIS 2011. I did not have a previous version of Kaspersky. My McAfee subscription expired and after looking at the reviews of Kaspersky I chose it to be my new security. Since then my computer has went from very fast to rather slow. It is by no means a dinosaur, but has slowed considerably. I have deleted all other Anti-virus/security programs and just today turned off Windows Defender after reading reviews. Does KIS 2011 also have a firewall to allow me to turn off Windows Firewall? I ran the getsysteminfo site and here is my URL

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...7535d1ffa1eefc1

Please let me know the results and anything I can do to speed my computer back up to the pre-KIS speed. Hopefully turning off Windows Defender will do the trick, but I would like to know my getsysteminfo results as well. Thanks for the help! b_punk.gif

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 9.07.2011 08:36
Post #11

Are You Kidding?

Welcome. Please disable Windows Defender, then uninstall all junk toolbars. Also, uninstall Webroot MSXML 4.0 SP2 and SOAP Toolkit 3.0 > reboot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
techker
post 16.08.2012 15:24
Post #12

yap..same here clean install and all..it takes time to boot up..so my computer is super slow until it opens..

and recently i had issue with it blocking my internet connection...

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 17.08.2012 01:47
Post #13

Are You Kidding?

Please create gsi sysinfo text and post link to GSI Report which will provide a wee tiny smidgen of information about your Kaspersky product and operating system
and which also may identify issue area, instructions see the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------

+Quote Post
techker
post 17.08.2012 16:51
Post #14

QUOTE(richbuff @ 17.08.2012 00:47) *
Please create gsi sysinfo text and post link to GSI Report which will provide a wee tiny smidgen of information about your Kaspersky product and operating system
and which also may identify issue area, instructions see the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

this is my info
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...5fcf941e04764f9

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 18.08.2012 03:39
Post #15

Are You Kidding?

Your report appears to be in order.

Soon, in a few weeks plus or minus, version 2013 will be released. You can clean install 2013 when it is released, or contact Tech Support. Tech Support may have some additional avenues of approach to resolve the issue. https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------

+Quote Post
Invader_Zim
post 26.03.2013 21:11
Post #16

I am also having problems with the speed of my computer. A new browser (Firefox) window takes between 1 to 3 minutes to open... which is annoying at best. However, the things that it does to my stock and forex trading platforms goes way beyond annoying. If I make any changes to the stock symbol to look at another chart, or change the time frame (such as changing from a 1-hour chart to a 15-minute chart) the data feeds slow to crawl and sometimes come to a complete stop, often for a minute or more.

I am running the downloaded 13.0.1.4190 (f) version on a Dell laptop computer, which has the "Microsoft Windows Vista Home Service Pack 2 (build 6002)" 32-bit operating system. The laptop has 3.00 GB of RAM memory and is running with a Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00 GHz. The two trading platforms that I use tend to be memory hogs, but together they only use about 460 MB of RAM. How do I get this computer back to its former blazing speed?

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 26.03.2013 21:13
Post #17

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

Welcome. Please post the link of your GetSystemInfo report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 MR1 15.0.1.415
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2015 MR1 15.0.1.415

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2.10.2014 00:17