IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> av-i386-daily.zip failure, Twice sunday av-i386-daily.zip failed
Evelyn
post 2.07.2006 12:13
Post #1

Group: Members

As automatic updater for 5.0.676 has been failing, & I've been unable to download the 6, I have to download updates manually sad.gif

Today is the second time that the sunday download has returned error messages about files being corrupted. All other days have worked fine - Last Sunday I tried several times to redownload, to get an uncorrupted set .... last week I downloaded the weekly file on Monday in order to ensure I had full back downloads, then downloaded the daily - it worked.

Will I have to do this every week??? Why doesn't the daily work on Sundays?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 2.07.2006 12:17
Post #2

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Hi Evelyn & welcome

Do this and the auto-update should get back to normal:

Download the cumulative.zip (Complete) & daily.zip (Current), from here:http://www.kaspersky.com/avupdates/zip

Then you unzip them (cumulative first) into the bases folder, you find it in "Documents and Settings" > "All Users" > "Application Data" > "Kaspersky Anti-virus Personal" > "5.0" > "Bases". (click yes, when you are asked if it's ok to overwrite) When you have unzipped both zip's to this folder, then do a reboot (important!)

To be able to see "Application Data", you have to open "Explorer", go to "Tools" > "Folder Options" > "View" and check "Show hidden files and folders", click "Apply" and "Ok".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chubb
post 2.07.2006 20:13
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 2.07.2006 16:17)
Hi Evelyn & welcome

Do this and the auto-update should get back to normal:

Download the cumulative.zip (Complete) & daily.zip (Current), from here:http://www.kaspersky.com/avupdates/zip

Then you unzip them (cumulative first) into the bases folder, you find it  in "Documents and Settings" > "All Users" > "Application Data" > "Kaspersky Anti-virus Personal" > "5.0" > "Bases". (click yes, when you are asked if it's ok to overwrite) When you have unzipped both zip's to this folder, then do a reboot (important!)

To be able to see "Application Data", you have to open "Explorer",  go to "Tools" > "Folder Options" > "View" and check "Show hidden files and folders", click "Apply" and "Ok".

Hi Don, I tried this once before, using 6.0.0.300 as the base, and then the lastest signature available, but after the reboot, it says the database has an error or corrupt something like that. Since then, I just use the online update only.

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 2.07.2006 20:14
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

hi. you can do it that way for kav 6, only online works

+Quote Post
Chubb
post 2.07.2006 20:20
Post #5

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(lucianbara @ 3.07.2006 00:14)
hi. you can do it that way for kav 6, only online works

I see, thanks lucianbara for the clarification.. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
KIS/KAV
post 30.06.2012 10:05
Post #6

Hi,
I am new in forum and kaspersky antivirus program. I don't know how to update manually kaspersky antivirus 2012
using av-i386&ids-daily.zip Please help me.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 30.06.2012 10:22
Post #7

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Please see: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/setti...e?qid=208284398

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2.10.2014 02:18