IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is Otto - do I need to be concerned
kittycat
post 31.05.2010 10:18
Post #1

Group: Members

My pc is pretty slow and I was looking at programs I could delete and came across Otto. What is this? Kaspersky doesn't pick it us as a virus so is it anything to worry about. I'm pretty green on IT issues and didn't set the pc up myself so it may be something that I need - any suggestions please.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 31.05.2010 10:26
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

1) What is Otto: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/uninstall/2381/Otto.html

2) PC is slow: Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth Important topic.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
kittycat
post 31.05.2010 19:39
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 31.05.2010 09:26) *
1) What is Otto: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/uninstall/2381/Otto.html

2) PC is slow: Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth Important topic.

Thanks, is this what you need

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...4a5c7e39befd367

Sue

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 1.06.2010 01:54
Post #4

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

There are a few things you can try.

One is to update your Network Adapters, links are located in the Summery > Update tab of your report.

Next, try this brief and easily reversible diagnostic tactic: Start > Run > type msconfig > ok > Startup tab > uncheck all items except Kaspersky/avp.exe >
Services tab > Hide all Microsoft services > uncheck the remaining services, except for Kaspersky > apply > ok > restart. Any better?

And lastly, clean upgrade your Kaspersky product, links, instructions and tips are located in the fourth and second Important topics.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
kittycat
post 1.06.2010 11:46
Post #5

QUOTE(richbuff @ 1.06.2010 00:54) *
There are a few things you can try.

One is to update your Network Adapters, links are located in the Summery > Update tab of your report.

Next, try this brief and easily reversible diagnostic tactic: Start > Run > type msconfig > ok > Startup tab > uncheck all items except Kaspersky/avp.exe >
Services tab > Hide all Microsoft services > uncheck the remaining services, except for Kaspersky > apply > ok > restart. Any better?

And lastly, clean upgrade your Kaspersky product, links, instructions and tips are located in the fourth and second Important topics.

thanks, I'll give them a try.

Sue

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.04.2014 13:21