KES Licence agreement violated?

Hi,

Our endpoints have suddenly lost all Kaspersky protection. After logging on to the Endpoint Security Cloud management console, I see a list of ‘licence agreement violated’ messages.

Why might this happen, and is there a way to restore the licence? We spent thousands on a licence only a few weeks ago.

All Endpoints are running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. KES 11.6.0.394.

Thanks

Hi, unfortunately no one but the KL support may handle the server-side component of KES Cloud (and dive in deep seeking for any kind of problem). That said, i think it would be better for you to open a ticket to the Company account portal.

Cesare

Hi, I ned to chip in on this - This is also a big problem for us. Overnight KES Cloud updated on our endpoints and about half of them are now advising this issue, licence agreement violated and the product is unlicensed.

We’ve checked our account, licence is active, in date (about 164 days until renewal) and has plenty of spare licences too.

How can we get in touch with support as its all done online and nobody replies? I’ve had to resort to trying this support forum.

i just got a feedback from KL support: it seems that there was a problem on the server-side that has been fixed...hopefully ;)

Cesare

PS: if it’s an urgent issue it’s better to call KL support

What is the number for telephone support @Cesare ? Email support are very slow and this is still an urgent problem for us. It has not been resolved, and more computers are now showing ‘licence agreement violated’.

I’m in the UK - when ringing the normal Kaspersky number, the support option tells you to use the website and then terminates the call! Incredibly frustrating - and this is causing a great deal of hassle at the moment.

Can someone help me with this?

I have had to let employees go home fully paid as we can’t let them use their desktops without antivirus!!!

Who can I speak to to get this sorted urgently.

Glad it’s not just me with this problem.

It seems linked to the latest update and the installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Agent 3.10. I’ve been supplied with a patch but it doesn’t seem to work in my case.

Have you managed to resolve the issue @richardparry ?

Still no fix - and Kaspersky Support have stopped replying to messages.

Is this being actively worked on? I have spent thousands with Kaspersky and this problem has remained unresolved for days.

Out of desperation I filled in the form to receive a quote for ‘Premium Support’ - still haven’t received a response over 24hrs later!

Really unhappy.

Is this being actively worked on? I have spent thousands with Kaspersky and this problem has remained unresolved for days.

Out of desperation I filled in the form to receive a quote for ‘Premium Support’ - still haven’t received a response over 24hrs later!

Really unhappy.

Unfortunately nobody seems to help. My company has a strong relationship with Exertis in the UK who are the chosen company by Kaspersky for support in this country. Unfortunately as of right now no fix for this other than “wait for an update to fix this” and that Kaspersky is aware. I’ve been told Kaspersky want screenshots and proof of our purchase, which I’ve hit back at them as simply stalling tactics - I’ve supplied all this of course but it simply comes back with wanting more info on the problem.

Unfortunately as I have several endpoints now not working I’ve had to explore moving away from Kaspersky to a competitor product.

Really unhappy.

Unfortunately nobody seems to help. My company has a strong relationship with Exertis in the UK who are the chosen company by Kaspersky for support in this country. Unfortunately as of right now no fix for this other than “wait for an update to fix this” and that Kaspersky is aware. I’ve been told Kaspersky want screenshots and proof of our purchase, which I’ve hit back at them as simply stalling tactics - I’ve supplied all this of course but it simply comes back with wanting more info on the problem.

Unfortunately as I have several endpoints now not working I’ve had to explore moving away from Kaspersky to a competitor product.

Likewise I’m looking at other products. If it comes to it, I’d at least be able to bang my fists on a desk at Sophos HQ in Abingdon..

I’ve been reassured that my issue is an isolated one - though this isn’t particularly reassuring given we’re both struggling with the same problem, and there are similar reports in other languages on these forums.

At the very least, today two people confirmed that the issue has been escalated - suggest we continue to push them via support tickets.

Have tried the usual uninstall/reinstall, uninstall with Kaspersky Removal Tool, install patch etc etc with no success - but I’m planning to have more of a look tomorrow. Certainly got enough unlicenced machines to play around on…

Have you had the chance to try the patch @richardparry ?

So, I’ve spent/wasted my day looking into this.

It seems the latest KES 11.6 updates include the provision of Kaspersky Endpoint Agent 3.10, which sits alongside Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent & Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

This failed to install on some machines, and in other cases it installed - but failed to activate. The patch is supposed to address this but didn’t work on any of the machines I tried.

Spent hours trialling different methods and potential solutions, from uninstalling with Removal Tool right through to the nuclear option of reinstalling Windows 10 Pro on one machine.

Nothing worked 100% unless I uninstalled Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent - essentially removing the link between the endpoint and the cloud portal/server. This obviously isn’t ideal but I concluded it was better to have protection running (albeit not cloud-connected) than to have nothing at all.

Reactivation of the AV software was done by manually entering the product key into the ‘Licence’ part of the UI. However the licence would immediately be removed after clicking on ‘UpdateTask’ - presumably because this involves a callback to the KES cloud servers. It’d also trigger the Cloud portal alerts relating to the licence limit being reached and the endpoint having violated its licence.

My very imperfect workaround is to initially uninstall the old Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent software, then check if the new Endpoint Agent had been installed. If not, that was downloaded and extracted from the KES 11.6 package available on Kaspersky’s website, and then installed. It doesn’t seem to be included in the distribution package available from the Cloud portal.

After a reboot I’d then open up command prompt and manually enter the licence key for the new Endpoint Agent software - this is the same licence key as used for KES cloud.

Go to the file directory (cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Endpoint Agent”) then type agent.exe --license=show  to see whether a licence has been applied. If not, type agent.exe --license=add xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (your licence key). If you then re-enter license=show, you should see the expiry date.

Next stage was to activate KES - open the window and manually enter the same licence key. It should then activate the software. In most cases I needed to reboot the PC before then doing the security/app updates and UpdateTask.

This is by no means a fix, but at least it gets the protection up and running again.

I am extremely unimpressed with Kaspersky so far. There has been a complete failure of communication and seemingly no attempt from them to suggest a temporary workaround. Instead I’ve been left to work out some form of solution for myself.

If this isn’t fixed by the end of the week we’ll have to cut our losses and switch over to a competitor. Certainly won’t be renewing when the licence expires next year.

This is by no means a fix, but at least it gets the protection up and running again.

I am extremely unimpressed with Kaspersky so far. There has been a complete failure of communication and seemingly no attempt from them to suggest a temporary workaround. Instead I’ve been left to work out some form of solution for myself.

If this isn’t fixed by the end of the week we’ll have to cut our losses and switch over to a competitor. Certainly won’t be renewing when the licence expires next year.

Even though we do use fully on premise management we faced the same or similar issue when deploying the KSC Network Agent v13. Pretty much all our endpoints were deactivated and the only solution was to manually activate them again with an activation code. What’s worse, it rendered all our remote management access useless so we had to mobilize the whole IT team to drive everywhere on location to do this by hand.

What a huge failure on Kaspersky’s part. I totally regret not part-taking on the beta testing on the last version but their communication about beta testing is just so invisible and lousy so I completely missed it. And what’s even worse, is that their support took almost three full days to even respond to us. Something has really gone amiss with their support as it used to be very quick and pretty good before. I have also noticed that they have also mostly negated this community and rarely reply here anymore too, and instead spend their time posting memes on Facebook. Does not look good at all.